Im writing a song...but i have trouble finding the right chords....lets say im playing a series of chords that progress a whole-step at a time ( there the same chord by the way...they just sound higher pitched every whole step) ...if that makes sense im not sure lol...how do you know which chords to use next because after the second whole step it doesnt sound right anymore...it isnt progressing evenly if you know what i mean lol...i know this is very vague...try your best please...let me know whats up. thank you.
playing the same chord over and over, no matter where on the neck, is going to sound weird. maybe throw in some different chords?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Certain Chords go to certain keys,There's millions of articles and guides on begginer theory if you look.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
ok wel you have to keep playing up the scale

take the c mak scale

A B C D E F G A B C D E F G A
6 7 1 2 3 4 5

if you lay the scale like that it will sound lower at the end

C D E F G A B C D E F G
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

but if you play the scale like this it will continue to sound hihger and higher
song stuck in my head today

Look on the interent, millions of theory sites telling you how to work out chords in keys, infact i think theres an article on UG about it
First of all u should know in what key your vocal range for that song falls , you can say same for the mode also . read some lessons to see what progression sounds good.

Hi