Ok, our band is in critical need of a P.A. system, we can no longer put up with using a crappy bass amp for the microphone, any suggestions on what we can do for one, dirt cheap now, we're poor people.
What's your price range?

You can always rent one.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
our price range is split between 5, so its like £200, like i said we're poor people.
Kustom 80 Watt.

Don't get Behringer.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Hey, Behringers PA stuff isn't that bad...Their amps are, though.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
I heard Behringer sucks.

Peavey makes good ones but in your price range it is hard to find a decent one.
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.
You get what you pay for. And for the price Behringer is ok.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by fexnah
Hey, Behringers PA stuff isn't that bad...Their amps are, though.

+1

Behringer is really putting out some good PA stuff for the price. Most the stuff is very sturdy, and packed full of features. I sell a 5 channel powered mixer at work for only $99. It has like 80 built in effects, a graphic EQ, and 180watts. For $99 you will not find anything better new.

And 200 of anything isnt nearly enough to get a PA system that will be good for anything more than a quiet band practice...
Quote by FacingUsAll
Kustom 80 Watt.

Don't get Behringer.

Yeah the kustom has served my band well for a while (although we now have something way better, a mackie active 2 top 1 sub setup with a 16 channel yamaha mixer)

..and make your drummer put something on his cymbals to cut the volume, it will make everything easier to hear, it will save your ears and you wont need a huge PA. (Obviously, your drummer will hate it but its for the bands best

Originally posted by kornrules09
well if it comes with pick, I say get it!