Poll: Do you believe global warming is man made?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe global warming is man made?
Yes
37 53%
No
33 47%
Voters: 70.
After many global warming threads coming up of "do you believe global warming is real" just turning into "do you believe global warming is man-made" I would just like to get a rough number for each side.

Feel free to debate either side.
no it is natural and always will be natural
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
There needs to be a "not enough scientific evidence is provided to sway me either way" option.
it is a natural process but we're basically speeding it up with carbon emissions etc
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
i dont know. i had to watch al gores movie but i spent the whole time talking to my friends..........

Jack my swag
its a natural occurrence that's happened repeatedly in the the past but evidence suggests that man is accelerating this particular warming cycle
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by danielrobbyshor
it is a natural process but we're basically speeding it up with carbon emissions etc

+1,000,000 cool points. edit: and to you^ yeahyeah

you hit the nail on the head
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I make global warming.

With my bare hands.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I agree with almost everyone above me.

Man is progressing it.

Hopefully we'll have colonies on the moon by then...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by danielrobbyshor

How so? From what I've gathered our existence plays an extremely minimal role on the temperature of Earth. I've read theories suggesting the Earth is warming because of increase in solar activity and intensity.
It's irrational hysteria.

A few years ago everyone was worried about overcrowding. We're still not dying of starvation, as probably everyone on this board can attest to.
I just hope you never live to regret having ignored all the warnings. It's not going to be pretty if we stay the current course.
Quote by MiG_853
I just hope you never live to regret having ignored all the warnings. It's not going to be pretty if we stay the current course.

We survived the medieval warm period didn't we?
I don't know enough about the environment to determine the answer to that and I call shenanigans on anyone who says they do.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

al gore is kind of an idiot who probably thinks star wars is a documentary
kill 'em a lot
Yes, therefore full speed ahead. It's ****in cold in Sweden.
Quote by Guitarislife125
We survived the medieval warm period didn't we?

And the medieval cool period. Although, much of Europe died of disease...
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Guitarislife125
How so? From what I've gathered our existence plays an extremely minimal role on the temperature of Earth. I've read theories suggesting the Earth is warming because of increase in solar activity and intensity.

I've heard that too but they also said that the sun has only warmed up a small fraction of a percent and that Co2 plays a lot bigger role.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Izz
Yes, therefore full speed ahead. It's ****in cold in Sweden.

Dude, where were you last winter? It was hot as shit, one of the warmest winters in a long time! There were some real heat waves during the summer too, especially during the four days the Sweden Rock Festival took place.
Quote by Renka
Dude, where were you last winter? It was hot as shit, one of the warmest winters in a long time! There were some real heat waves during the summer too, especially during the four days the Sweden Rock Festival took place.

Yeah but today it was freezing
Quote by Sean13
Where's the "Global warming is bullshit option"?

Press back on your browser and you're almost there.
Regardless of whether or not global warming is manmade (I'm undecided), the amount of energy we use and waste we create is unacceptable and we need to cut down a lot. I remember reading somewhere that America used 1/4 of the world's energy while having 1/20 of the population. There's no way any rational person could be okay with that.
Quote by bananaboy
Regardless of whether or not global warming is manmade (I'm undecided), the amount of energy we use and waste we create is unacceptable and we need to cut down a lot. I remember reading somewhere that America used 1/4 of the world's energy while having 1/20 of the population. There's no way any rational person could be okay with that.

But still I see no changes
Quote by Izz
But still I see no changes

You've obviously never breathed the air in NYC and then breathed it in Vermont a few days later.

That's not really global warming related, but I think we can all agree that pollution has a bunch of bad effects and absolutely no good effects.
Quote by bananaboy
You've obviously never breathed the air in NYC and then breathed it in Vermont a few days later.

That's not really global warming related, but I think we can all agree that pollution has a bunch of bad effects and absolutely no good effects.

I really don't know what I'm on about, just wanted to quote 2pac.
Quote by bananaboy

America and Australia are also among the few industrial nations today that refuse to sign the Kyoto Protocol and take an active stance in the issue. I really hope we'll see a change in this after the new presidential election. =/

People in Europe have decreesed their emition of green house gassing (as have China among others, I believe?), but I don't know if the same can be said for America.
Quote by Renka
America and Australia are also among the few industrial nations today that refuse to sign the Kyoto Protocol and take an active stance in the issue. I really hope we'll see a change in this after the new presidential election. =/

People in Europe have decreesed their emition of green house gassing (as have China among others, I believe?), but I don't know if the same can be said for America.

Damn America! ....oh wait, *looks at location*

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Guitarislife125

Those theories do exist, but they've been conclusively refuted.

There are basically no other valid theories about why global warming is happening. A host of factors have been decreed negligible or irrelevant. I believe in anthropogenic climate change by default.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by magnus_maximus
Wow... 50/50, pretty much.

the poll is **** though, the planet has warmed before man had an impact on it so that rules out "yes" as a possibility and nullifies every vote for yes. People are confusing "does man have an effect on global warming" with "did man cause global warming"
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by magnus_maximus
How ironic that he gets the rewards just after his film gets called 'propaganda' and 'inaccurate'

Yes cause the joint efforts of some of the worlds most brilliant minds (Nobel Prize judges panel) can't overule the defensive retoric of the GOP...
Its a Natural occurance that has been going on since the beginning of time. The earth warms then cools we cant stop it so get used to it.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by angus is god
Its a Natural occurance that has been going on since the beginning of time. The earth warms then cools we cant stop it so get used to it.

Agreed. Don't spend the money on trying to reverse the Earth's natural cycle. Spend money on a plan to do when it is hot as sh*t.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.