Page 1 of 2
Just share stories of your goriest and most painful injuries.

So i guess ill go first.

When i was in 3rd grade i was playing baseball in my back yard and i was being the "catcher." my friend(yes, Rosseta Stoned) who was batting hit the ball and whipped the bat behind him. The aluminum bat unfortunately made contact with my skull giving me a hairline fracture. Knocked me clear out. I was also completely amazed at how much it swelled.

EDIT: if you've got pictures, thatd work too.
ehh
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Oct 12, 2007,
Nearly bitting my tongue off when i fell off some monkey bars at primary school.
splitting open my head when i was 7

i was running around the house and i sliced my head open on the corner of a counter with sharp edges......it was prettty much a volcano of blood outta my head
EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT BLOWING S**T UP I LEARNT FROM GRAND THEFT AUTO

Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
well theres a couple that would qualify a rly bad.
1. tripped over a horseshoe stake in the dark while running 11 stiches in my knee
2. fell face first into stairs tore up all my gums almost broke my nose, amazingly my teeth are very straight
3. ran head first into a kid playing football , glasses went straight up into my eye 2 stitches
4. broke four toes so far

those are some of my worst

didnt notice number 1 and 3 until somone told me lol walking around with a 7 inch long 4 inche deep gash in my leg everyone was like "OMFGOSH FTW!!!!"
Quote by Moggan13
Nearly bitting my tongue off when i fell off some monkey bars at primary school.

my dad did that when he was young too.
ehh
I had a pencil go into the roof of my mouth. The top of the eraser to the bottom of the metal holder.

It didn't hurt, just really bloody when I yanked it out.
hahahaha the funny thing is that skaguitarist forgot to mention it was me who hit him. Id have to say my worst was this football season when i took a helmet to the knee, and bruised the femur, fibula, tibula, and ACL. My season was ova, an i feel horrible for letting my team down (i was the starting tight end)
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
I havnt had many other injuries apart from nearly bitting my tongue off, maybe when i went running and literally put all my body weight on a twisted ankle. Couldn't walk for weeks. Hurt like sin i almost cried.
broke my upper jaw in a soccer game

bad news: i got 2 and half teeth knocked out

good news: the other guy had teeth marks in his shoulder
broke my collar bone way back when. jumping over trash cans on roller blades.

i believe that is my worst.... but idk...
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
When I was eleven or something I got a hockey stick poked in my eye.

I couldn't see for two weeks.
My friend just had a pretty bad one. He was tackling someone and one of his dumbass team mates ran into his arm and it bent the wrong way.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by European Son
When I was eleven or something I got a hockey stick poked in my eye.

I couldn't see for two weeks.

I've actually managed to put a hockey stick in a friends eye one time...Wasn't that good for my conscience. Either way, he's dead today...
Nah, he's alive.
other than the head, ive just had a couple broken fingers. worst of which was getting my pinky finger caught between two desks at school. you could feel the seperation in the bone.
ehh
Well, both are hockey related. First wasn't anywhere near as bad.
Well, I was skating behind the net to pick up a loose puck at full speed, and my shin pad had slid off and I banged my knee on the goal post... Doesn't sound that bad, but damn that was a ringer.

Second, I was skating behind the net for a puck again...and my stick rammed into the wall, causing the shaft of my stick to go in right under my rib cage.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by Pedalboard
My friend just had a pretty bad one. He was tackling someone and one of his dumbass team mates ran into his arm and it bent the wrong way.

Ouch, ya that happened to this kid in the ER while i was in there. We both sat in the waiting room for 2 hours while they found us rooms. Delnor sucks
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
i got four stitches on my forehead.

seriously, im very overprotected. i want to break a bone just to get that experience out of the way.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Broke my right radius bone down the length (i.e towards the wrist) and mashed my left knee up bad, falling off a trailer. Still loaded the trailer and drove back to the yard, then drove the 20-odd miles home 'cos I thought it was just bruised! 4 months off work, and I couldn't play properly for 6...duuuh.
Quote by Izz
I've actually managed to put a hockey stick in a friends eye one time...Wasn't that good for my conscience. Either way, he's dead today...
Nah, he's alive.

Haha. Good for him... and you. Anyway, it was terrible. Even after three months I couldn't go outside without being blinded, even if it was cloudy.
Dislocated elbow
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Shattered my humerous about 3 inches below my shoulder and litterally tore the bicep in half, i cant use my left arm for **** that involves bearing weight on it (im left handed to)
Quote by skaguitarist53
Just share stories of your goriest and most painful injuries.

So i guess ill go first.

When i was in 3rd grade i was playing baseball in my back yard and i was being the "catcher." my friend(yes, Rosseta Stoned) who was batting hit the ball and whipped the bat behind him. The aluminum bat unfortunately made contact with my skull giving me a hairline fracture. Knocked me clear out. I was also completely amazed at how much it swelled.

EDIT: if you've got pictures, thatd work too.

Catcher sucks I played for 4 years before my leg got ****ed up (unrelated). Broke 3 masks. One was exactly the same thing that happened to you (although without the fracture, luckily.) The two others were foul balls in the face.

Overall worst though would have to be burning the skin off my hands. That kinda hurt.
During football practice, I was running the ball. I go up the middle, and my friend grabs my ankle. So i'm dragging him then most to all the defense takles me on one side.

I broke it and sprained it at the same time.
I broke my left elbow. Spinning around outside, apparently there were dips in the ground. SNAP.
i know a kid who was skateboarding and his board popped up and kit him in the balls. he got stitches on his scrote.

ive never really had any bad injuries. my worst was when my face got pretty messed up after it slammed into some ice after falling from a snow tube when i was like seven.

Jack my swag
i was skating. it was when i first started. i was learning how to 180, i fell, the board came up and hit my in the face, cut me wide open. i was bleeding all the way home. sucked so bad. i got ninja turtle band-aids. i'm too cool for stitches.
I sprained my ankle.....
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Broken Wrist
Pulled Groin
R.I.P Samantha

My Gear
Esp Ltd M-400
Randall Rg75W Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Stratocaster
Yamaha something Acoustic
Several other cheap guitars/basses/Amps
I fell off a dirtbike and broke all of the fingers in my left hand(still doesn't move right i kick at bass tho)
My shoulder(extremely loose in all directions it move, pops out evrytime i move it out)
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
When I was 15 I impaled myself on my bike handlebars. I was out in the middle of BLM riding down a steep hill while carrying an inflatable chair when I hit a rock. It went in on the left side of my stomach and stopped just under the skin to the left side of my spine. After pulling myself off of my handlebars I had to walk 3 miles back to our house holding my intestines in with my t-shirt.

Other than that, just various illnesses and countless broken bones.

And for your viewing pleasure... Gave me a nice scar and a misshapen belly. Woot!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

A broken wrist from skateboarding and I dislocated my knee and tore some ligaments playing basketball about a year and a half ago.
okay my old dog was really vicios (cant spell) and it attacked a cat when it got out of the leash and i tried pulling my dogs jaw open so the cat could get out and my hand got in the CATS mouth.

all my fingers were ripped open... and my dog had to be put down
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
The only really bad things I've had happen to me are having a hernia and getting the inside of my thigh burnt on the exhaust pipe of a motorcycle.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I've broken my nose, collarbone, and fractured something in my hand. Collarbone was by FAR the worst. Bone snapped clear in two, and the half closest to my neck rotated about 90 degrees, leaving the edge of my bone almost poking through my skin. That was about 16 months ago, and it still hasn't fully healed. I was told it was a really bad break, but I never expected it to cause me this much grief at this point in my life. Sure, I can still do just about whatever I want to, but this is what prevents me from playing school football...

SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
1) Tackle a wall playing football...
2) Wake up after knocking yourself out with a spiral fracture to the right humerous and a dislocated shoulder, leaving your full arm behind your neck in a disgusting position...
3) ??????
4) Profit?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Page 1 of 2