Hey,

I've been asked by my grandad to see how much his 1980's Gibson ES-135 is worth. It's got minor buckle rash and some of the finish is flaked on the binding, but besides that it's fine. He said it'll go to me eventually and he wanted to leave me something nice that I could sell on if I don't like (although I really like this 135, might trade it for a Gibson Tom delonge sig, J/k!).

I think he paid like £1400 a few years back.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
493 euro 700 US
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
By the time you wanted to sell it (which hopefully is never) it'd be worth more than it is now, so why bother finding out?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Ibanez20th
Whatever it's worth to you is what you should sell it for.

I'm not selling it, he just wants me to find out how much its worth. I do often play it but I'm interested in how much it's worth too, as it's not really my kind of guitar and I don't think that will change when I inherit. I wan't him to keep it for as long as possible
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by FacingUsAll
By the time you wanted to sell it (which hopefully is never) it'd be worth more than it is now, so why bother finding out?

It's not for me, for my grandad who wanted to know how much it's worth. I don't know why he wants to know now to be honest, I didn't really ask
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
I wouldn't sell it, not because of liking the guitar, but because it is to remember your grandfather with. I mean, cmon'.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I wouldn't sell it, not because of liking the guitar, but because it is to remember your grandfather with. I mean, cmon'.

Lol for like the 4th time, it's not me wanted to sell it. He wants to know how much it's worth

I'll keep it I reckon for reasons stated, although it'll probably be sat in the case for most it's life (saying that, knowing me it'll probably be the most played out the lot )
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!
it's 1400 euros new

now, taking in consideration the fact that it's from the 80's (not old enough to be considered vintage) plus all the damage in it, it would probably lose at least 300 or 400 euros
my estimate would be 1500-1800
Its fairly new still in guitar terms like. if it were a 60's then 3000 easily.
It's probably not far off from the original price, maybe a bit less, but if you save that a few years the price will probably skyrocket.

Oh yeah, try looking on ebay for ES-135s from around that time period.
Last edited by MrCoolPants at Oct 12, 2007,
Thanks for your feedback, i'll let him know what people said.

MrCoolPants, I looked on ebay for him but nobody sells the ES135, let alone a 1980's
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Free Fender Strat here!