so i went to a music store the other day in search of some pedals.... and i saw a bass balls, and remembered the thread about it here a while ago saying it was great.

i tried it out, and it rreally really dissapointed me.

it was like if you took a crappy envelope filter a crappy wah and a crappy phazer. thats what you would get
then on top of that there is a switch for distortion
and its ****ty dist too!

then the thing that really pissed me off was that when i started to play fairly fast or more than one note at a time, it cuts out!!!
it cant handle the different frequencies or somethign like that, but it got all choppy and would cut in and out really fast until i turned it off

whats the deal??

( i was using a EBMM stinger and a 100W crate)

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Ur skillz roxxorz too much

I dunno, could be a defected model or something. Did you try more than one?
Quote by evilgerbil666
Ur skillz roxxorz too much

I dunno, could be a defected model or something. Did you try more than one?

they only had 1

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

was it the russian model or the compact model?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

EHX Blasphemy!
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
iunno but im guessing the compact one cause it was a really tiny stomp box....

like 3 inches long 2 wide and 1.5 deep

Quote by Narcotics
iunno but im guessing the compact one cause it was a really tiny stomp box....

like 3 inches long 2 wide and 1.5 deep

ahh yeah, thats the compact. Im pretty sure that they set up for more guitar use. If you can find a russian model, it will probably be much MUCH better.

Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Dont waste your time, even the real deal bassballs sucks imo. Might as well save up for the Q-tron. I bought the real one and was not impressed at all.
Quote by Narcotics

dude! you have a stinger, and no decent amp?? for the love of pete. (wentz) lol.
save your money, and get a decent amp. then, worry about effects.
no offense Narco, i'm just pointing out the fact that, too many young players start spending (hard to come by) money on effects, before getting a decent amp.
the order of priority is, a good amp, a good bass, and a reliable tuner. a good amp will make a mediocre bass sound better than a great bass, played through a crap amp. buying effects just prolongs the wait for good equipment.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 12, 2007,
it was at the store...not my stuff

but yea i have a ****ty amp im getting a new one
lol

Quote by 83lespaulstudio
dude! you have a stinger, and no decent amp?? for the love of pete. (wentz) lol.
save your money, and get a decent amp. then worry about effects.

Major lulz For the love of pete!
i tried both the russian model and the nano out in a store before i got the russian. the nano isn't that great. it did seem like it was more geared towards a guitar. the low end cut out a little.
GAS List:
Nothing
Last edited by Flummery at Oct 13, 2007,
I think that the Crate BT100 is a good practice amp, as long as you stay away from the octaver and the dist in it... and the eq isn't great either, but it makes some good sounds if you prod it.

...I've never liked the bassballs.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Narcotics

As soon as a started reading this, I knew you were using a Stingray, it's basically because it's a humbucker there's too much output, if you were using a Jazz bass for example, it would sound very different.

However, I use a 5 string stingray, and my bassballs sounds great on it...But you're entitled to your opinion.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio

thanks for the laugh!