Poll: Rock and Rap? Co-exist??
Poll Options
View poll results: Rock and Rap? Co-exist??
Yes
7 54%
No
3 23%
Maybe
3 23%
Voters: 13.
ok the other day me and my friend were talking and we started talking about how old rap is so much differnt than today's sex, drug and violence dominated rap and that maybe if it would have stayed old then rock and rap could have co-existed and an example was when Aerosmith and Run DMC re-did "Walk This Way"

So i was wondering was every ones thought on this?
Walk This Way is a horrible, overplayed cheesy parody of two separate musical genres.

If you actually followed rap music today as much as you did rock music, then you would know that the rap in the mainstream is not very indicative of the massive genre itself.
There is poetry in despair.
i just heard a terrible remake of "I just died in your arms tonight" originally whitesnake redone by jay-z...
Quote by BadgeMan
I think this is fitting -

e-3-------------------
b---3--3-5-3--------
g-----------------3-4
d-----------------4-5
a-----------------4-5
E-----------------2-3
Quote by midnight ride
ok the other day me and my friend were talking and we started talking about how old rap is so much differnt than today's sex, drug and violence dominated rap and that maybe if it would have stayed old then rock and rap could have co-existed and an example was when Aerosmith and Run DMC re-did "Walk This Way"

So i was wondering was every ones thought on this?

and rock isnt about sex, drugs or violence ....

anyways i think rock and rap still coexist.... its just that the majority of rap fans only hear the watered down, popped up rock they play on the top 40 stations.... and the majority of rock fans tend to stay away from the real good, deep hip hop, the stuff that doesnt get played on the radio....
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by fridge_raider
Walk This Way is a horrible, overplayed cheesy parody of two separate musical genres.

If you actually followed rap music today as much as you did rock music, then you would know that the rap in the mainstream is not very indicative of the massive genre itself.

Yup.

Outkast - B.O.B.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Obviously they can, but they shouldn't.

Its like grizzly bears and ice cream. Sure, they can go together, but they're two things that just by nature should remain separate.
I don't see what the issue is here. =/

Some people like it, some don't. That's true of every genre out there, but I don't go around making threads asking whether or not those genres should exist, just because they have some critics.