I have a question about Power Amps. My Marshall head just blown out a couple days ago and I was wondering if I could use a Peavy M-2600 Power Amp as a substitute for the Marshall head. Thanks
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
A power amp is made to cleanly amplify whatever signal is put into it. They normally produce virtually zero gain/distortion on their own, so if you play straight through just a power amp, it will be ridiculously clean & harsh. If you're desperate, you could run a distortion pedal in front of it & it might be OK, but I'd recommend fixing the Marshall, unless it's an MG.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Yep, you'll get an extremely clean signal and nothing like gain with an amp that's not designed as a guitar amp, but probably as good as the MG in your sig does if you add a distortion pedal...I've played through a PA amp before in a pinch, but I didn't like it...kept a flanger running most of the night just to keep it from being too sterile.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...