Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I really need some advise

I have to perform a song for Black History Month and I really don't know what to do.

I am considering Thin Lizzy and Hendrix but I want some more suggestions to choose from.

Has to be ROCK and something extremely WELL KNOWN

Anything other than Chuck Berry, Thin Lizzy, Hendrix or Lenny Kravitz
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
slash? bb king? buddy guy? robert johnson?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It's not CR, but you might do Tom Morello from Rage and Audioslave.

Besides that, Bad Brains is black punk (I don't particularly like them, but oh well), and not really rock but maybe you could use Bob Marley or George Clinton. Everybody does stuff about Marley, though; might be a bit overdone...
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^is Jamaican considered black? or was bob marley not jamaican...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
******s don't care about semantics. Black History Month refers to all people black in skin colour.

I have no suggestions for you. The extent of my library in terms of black artists is funk music and some Outkast.
Last edited by Maet at Oct 12, 2007,
If I were you, I'd definately play either Hendrix, Robert Johnson, or Chuck Berry. Hendrix and Johnson have plenty of songs that can be pulled off with a single guitar, if it's just going to be you playing.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Something by Arthur Lee or Love?
Great tracks there, but yeah Hendrix would probably be the best known second to Chuckie Berry.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Elmore James, T-Bone Walker, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Albert King, Freddie King, John Lee Hooker, Son House, Robert Johnson, Wilson Pickett, Willie Dixon, Taj Mahal are all goo blues artists.
You could look into funk, r&b and soul and that stuff too. Ray Charles would be someone great to do because he revolutionized music a lot.
Pretty much everyone in rock that i know has been said so sorry i couldnt help more.
Hendrix would be perfect. Someone said Slash was black. Although his mother was born in Nigeria, I wouldn't say he is black. He just has African roots. But call it black if you want. I'm not one to judge.
"The Force will be with you, always."
Bad Brains, Living Colour or more classic WAR.

I would choose this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b41sR6dJ8AE
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Quote by dont abandon me
Hendrix would be perfect. Someone said Slash was black. Although his mother was born in Nigeria, I wouldn't say he is black. He just has African roots. But call it black if you want. I'm not one to judge.

he was still on the gibson.com homepage for the black history month...

ts, play voodoo child or foxey lady
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
How about Richie Havens? He opened Woodstock and had seven encores. He's pretty good at playing music.

"Motherless Child" would impress everyone in your audience.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
Well, not a guitarist, but maybe Billy Preston? Well-known piano and organ player during the 60s and 70s, preformed at the Beatles "Rooftop Concert" (and thus, the Let It Be album) and George Harrison's Concert For Bangledesh. Recorded with the Rolling Stones during the 70s.