hey well ive been lookin at a gibson V and i noticed they dont make a lefty version of course..but i was thinking sence its a got a tailpeice i could just get a righty and put the strings on lefty. Thers one at the guitar shop near my house but the guy there said it wouldnt work..said id pay for the strings and if it worked the guitar if i could try but he refused ..im pretty sure it would work WHAT DO YALL THINK?
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Slap the guy in the face.
Then buy the guitar, remove the nut and flip it around (or buy a new one) and glue it back on, and string it up.

Why would he say it wouldn't work? Jimi Hendrix did it..
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
well youd have to change some other stuff around as well...
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
idk why he said it wouldnt work..jimi is the 1st person i thought of doing that
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
did you consider that the knobs would be on the top instead and probably in the way
Albert King just turned it upside down, didn't change the strings or anything. You should do that.
It could be awkward if you're looking at the vibrato model. But sometimes the nut just pops out, then you could flip it. You could buy a new bridge, or flip the bridge around (don't know if you can) and flip the top strap button.
i cant play it full upside down..ive tried alot of time with my friends guitars..way to akward..

and idc about the knobs beeing upside down..thats the least of my problems only thing that would get me is the pu select but id get used to it.

and its just a string thru with tailp. so it doesnt matter what gauges the strings are, all the same size so it wouldnt matter if i went lefty. Only thing would be the nut and the strap but thats minor. i thought i was wrong but then i thought about it..it would work ...
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
In addition to the nut you will have to reposition the bridge. Its not straight across, its tilted. This will require drilling two new mounting holes. Not a big deal on a solid body, just make sure they are correctly relocated and tight. Your jack plate will be on the upper bout, I don't know if you can handle that. Could just loop it over and let it cross behind the guitar I guess. If the knobs don't bother you then you should be all set. And the strap buttons relocated as said before.
i was looking at some on ebay and some have only a SLIGHT angle..like 2 degrees..would it still have to be repostioned? and i know about the knobs and the cord..i have one of those sucky angled so i think it wouldnt be a real big deal..and i could get used to the knobs
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
dude how much money you spendin?? becuase i know other flying V's that are lefty that can be better than gibsons and also tell that guy to get a life who told you, you cant make it a lefty because you can

NO EBAY DUDE ITS WAYY TOOO RISKY
ill spend what i have to get a V..and ebay isnt risky i buy stuff all the time on ebay =p

but anyways what other vs u kno?
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Yeah I think you would have to reposition the bridge to preserve the intonation. Those saddles in a standard tune-o-matic bridge don't have much travel anyway, but you could get a second opinion.
id say look into custom gibson stuff becasue theres got to be a lefty somewhere and also look into dean guitars they make some pretty decent flying V's and i know ive seen leftys in dean check on musicansfriend becuase i see lefty's of everyhting on there
looked thru all 10 pages of M.F nothing..

i might go for a Esp ec 400..emg 81/60s..and is $500..and les paul style..

but i will always a gib V..ill find 1 one day
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
hahahahahaha
you should call up gibson and be like "make a lefy V bitches" hahahaha take the bitches part out but you get my point ive done it before and they take suggestions very good i got connected to the head designer guy and i talked to him about one of the les pauls and designing problems with it, it was my glory moement in guitars for me
They make a left handed V...I'm looking at mine right now. Same with my explorer...hmm.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
They make a left handed V...I'm looking at mine right now. Same with my explorer...hmm.

Were? have never seen one
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Yeah, i was going to say, one of my favourite band's guitarist plays a lefty gibson v.
try a epiphone iommi SG, same sound as V, but more practicle, and piss eays to get left handed, cause iommi was left handed. I got one mine is awsome, it better than the gibson i played, maybei got lucky. But give it a shot
I got my V off ebay, but I've seen them in stores around here.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
how much do the leftys go for ?
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail