did any one else hear about how the myans predicted hurricane catrina and the twin towers falling, they predictied the apocolypse was gona be in 2012. also i watched this whole tv show on the history chanel about this huge comet thats suposed to be hitting us in 2012 too. its supposed to be so big its just gona kill off every thing in the world

whats your guy's thoughts?
this thread failed. but on a lighter note i think that the mayans are full of ****
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
The end of the word?!

Ah cra
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
if its true and if its had that much attention, i think the whole world would be packing their bags by now
Quote by ZosoLP1822
did any one else hear about how the myans predicted hurricane catrina and the twin towers falling, they predictied the apocolypse was gona be in 2012. also i watched this whole tv show on the history chanel about this huge comet thats suposed to be hitting us in 2012 too. its supposed to be so big its just gona kill off every thing in the world

whats your guy's thoughts?

no , the comets coming in like 2029 i think it is ( Friday the 13th of april) and it wont hit us, but it will next time it comes around 2036 (Friday the 13th of april)

the world is suppose to have a magnetic shift in 2012 (and u spelled world wrong )
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Didn't their callender start in like 5000 b.c., when THEY believed humans were crated...it's all crap>>
i didn't read the thread but yeah:/

Edit: (after reading)
Even if a comet comes we have several ways of dealing with it, blowing it up with a nuclear blast, haveing a bomb explode in front of it and shifting it away from the planet so chunks don't rain down, and there's an idea where we could land a rocket on it and propel it away from us.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 12, 2007,
I'm going to make some predictions:

In 2008 there's going to happen something terrible. (I could make this sound all mystic and wrap it in a lot of words so that it could be interpreted as a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, whatever, but why bother?) In 2009, there's also going to happen something terrible. Same in 2010 and 2011.

Wait and see, you'll find I'm right.
I'm a communist. Really.
How did they predict the twin towers falling? And there have been thousands of hurricanes, did they specifically guess the date or the place or what? You're pretty much garenteed to be correct if you say "there's going to be a hurricane in 2005". It would be cool to see the documentry though.
heard about it... but check this

i did a bunch of mushrooms last night and predicted the world will end next week on the 16th.

so uhh... just go do whatever.

(ps ancient religions were based on muhrooms... the jews, the hindus, the mayans, and native americans cavemen were easily fooled... and loved pink floyd)
didn't they have a special on the discovery channel about nostrodomy or whoever and how he foresaw all they tradgedies that recently happened? eh look it up lawlz.
I predict that another apocalypse prediction will begin once this whole 2012 crap has passed. Just like every other preceding one.

Consider the fact that these things have had a 0% success rate in the past.
The funny thing is that on the day that world does end I guarantee my horoscope will tell me I'll fall in love tomorrow! It's all bull.
I think you should watch more of Penn and Teller's "Bull****" especially the episode on the end of the world or w/e it is. Shows alot of stuff, but it is very biased.

pepsi
It's gonna be in 2112. Serves the priest right.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
The title says the End of the WORD, very misleading.

oh but speaking of this, in between 2029-39 an asteroid over 300 meters is supposed to hit earth. if it hits land people will die. if it hits the ocean and creates a tsunami, people will die.
Last edited by dookie_dude_ at Oct 12, 2007,
No kidding...there's been millions of doomsday predictions over the years that have all failed to come true...what's so different about this one?
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
well which word is ending?

i cant stand the suspense..
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
We can always move to Mars.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Jawkster
peter petrelli will stop it.

indeed.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by GibsonRocker14
well which word is ending?

i cant stand the suspense..

THIS ONE= BLARG!?

lol

the world ain't ending anytime soon because nearly 2/3 of the worlds population are still virgins
Quote by Jawkster

Ah crap, we better start looking for the cheerleader. Quickly, to the car that Ando and Hiro drove around since the model escapes me!
Quote by Jawkster

Peter Peterelli will scare away t3h comet with is amazing Yo-Yo Skills!!!11

Srsly though, the mayans are just getting cocky, they got the twin towers right, now they think anything they say will come true, goddamn mayans...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by ZosoLP1822
did any one else hear about how the myans predicted hurricane catrina and the twin towers falling

source anyone?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
haha, lame
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
The Mayans were geniuses but although it could be plausible, they could have just stopped there and been like "**** this, we've already done 100000 days and its getting boring"
Aghh fix your typos.

It sounds like you're mixing the Mayans with Nostradamus, but whatever, they could have predicted it too.

I read that it's just their calender ending, not the world. Kind of like a new era beginning and leaving the old behind.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Blah blah blah blah.

We can only hope.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by hippie_cune
heard about it... but check this

i did a bunch of mushrooms last night and predicted the world will end next week on the 16th.

so uhh... just go do whatever.

(ps ancient religions were based on muhrooms... the jews, the hindus, the mayans, and native americans cavemen were easily fooled... and loved pink floyd)

ahhh. that's my birthday. what a boner-killer.
Maybe when everyone loses the ability to spell. Mass miscommunication will set off a misunderstanding that will cause nuclear war.

/jab at threadstarter.
Who dat?