Page 1 of 2
No I don't, because it wouldn't be punk. It'd be really retarded, like sonic boom six.

Thinking about it, SB6 probably do have some fake electronic element in their band.

Tim Armstrong will probably be doing it in a year or two as well.
Ill Scarlett. They're more on the ska side though.

DON'T LISTEN TO "ALL DAY WITH IT"!!!!!! It's their newest album and it's TERRIBLE. All the rest of their stuff is f**king great though!!
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Junkie Man - Rancid Great turntable intro, really puts something into the mix. I'm sure Tim's solo work has some Turntables aswell.
not exactly a turntablist, but Intro5pect (yes, a 5 instead of an S, its not a typo)

yeah Intro5pect is like a punk band with some electronica.

plus they do a song with Stza, so that makes them tr00 p0nx
MC Lars...kind of sort of not really even close but i know a lot of ska fans who are fans of MC Lars
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by recklessnick
thats dumb

My thoughts precisely.
Don't really understand why you'd want to shove a DJ in with a ska band, just wouldn't sound good.

And Intro5pect!? That has to be the worst name ever created. How five people can sit around a table and actually agree to be called that is insane.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by lavazza
Turntables are always waste of money, whatever they do with it....

I resent that. Because of turntables I can listen to my London Calling record, or any other of my many records. Music being played the way it's supposed to be, with a much better sound to it than digital music (though casettes are the best audio quality you can get).
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Capdown, and they sound awesome with it too.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Cassettes are the best audio quality you can get?

Sure, if good audio quality, to you is high end hiss, playback is always different and is subsequently out of pitch, sub lows noexistant and lows degrading.

But you know, I guess that's quality, huh.

Vinyl is only good with the right speakers. It lacks definition and high end, although the low mid is very adequate indeed. The player must be kept still and the wax is prone to permenant damage a la mode scratches. It's a lot easier to wear vinyl out that CD, although it's tape that's the best.
Quote by original=punk
not exactly a turntablist, but Intro5pect (yes, a 5 instead of an S, its not a typo)

yeah Intro5pect is like a punk band with some electronica.

plus they do a song with Stza, so that makes them tr00 p0nx

Yeah, Intro5pect is awesome. I'm really looking forward to their new EP .
turn tables..........

jesus christ whats next? beatboxing? rancid featuring lil john?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
turn tables..........

jesus christ whats next? beatboxing? rancid featuring lil john?

Ice Cube and Mack 10 covering Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Cassettes are the best audio quality you can get?

Sure, if good audio quality, to you is high end hiss, playback is always different and is subsequently out of pitch, sub lows noexistant and lows degrading.

But you know, I guess that's quality, huh.

Vinyl is only good with the right speakers. It lacks definition and high end, although the low mid is very adequate indeed. The player must be kept still and the wax is prone to permenant damage a la mode scratches. It's a lot easier to wear vinyl out that CD, although it's tape that's the best.

Cassettes are the best quality brand new but wear out the quickest (as we all found out in the 80s and early 90s).

Vinyl doesn't lack definition if it's mastered correctly. Gives out a much warmer sound though, love it.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by neidnarb11890
Yeah, Intro5pect is awesome. I'm really looking forward to their new EP .
I hate my addition to your sig

Ladies, it's not true
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Turntables and ska are like granola and ice cream; individually delicious, disgusting together.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by waterproofpie
Turntables and ska are like granola and ice cream; individually delicious, disgusting together.

Agreed.

If you want good scratching, just listen to rap. I recommend Dr. Octagon in this case.
Quote by waterproofpie

Well, more like dog crap on a stick and ice cream.

One's disgusting, the other one's brilliant... But if you put them together, it's twice as disgusting as the one disgusting ingredient.

Quote by StaggHound
Well, more like dog crap on a stick and ice cream.

One's disgusting, the other one's brilliant... But if you put them together, it's twice as disgusting as the one disgusting ingredient.
Just because you aren't open to other types of music, doesn't mean you have to call it dog crap.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Just because you aren't open to other types of music, doesn't mean you have to call it dog crap.

No, but I can.

And just did.

Quote by StaggHound
No, but I can.

And just did.
True, but it does make you an ass clown

Just kidding, you can be closed minded
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
True, but it does make you an ass clown

Just kidding, you can be closed minded

Everyone tells me I'm closed minded.
But if it's not punk rock, I'm never going to like it.

You know, everybody's always saying, "you're really close minded. You only listen to one type of music. You only go to one type of show." And I say, "well you know what? This is the type of music that we grew up on. This is the type of music that we play. Punk rock is our way of life. It's how we choose to live, and everyone else's opinion is worth nothing. Don't worry about what I listen to, worry about your own life. 'Cause I'm not going to change for you or anyone. I can't help it if you don't like it, and it's up to me if I don't want to listen to anything else. it's what's in our blood. It flows through our vaines. So save your breath, 'cause we're here to stay.

I don't know if that was directed it at me but if it was I love punk probably more then any other genre. I also love Reggae, Ska, Blues, New Wave, Hip Hop, and a lot of modern rock. It's great to have an open mind about music because you don't really have to like what's in your genre.
Quote by StaggHound
You know, everybody's always saying, "you're really close minded. You only listen to one type of music. You only go to one type of show." And I say, "well you know what? This is the type of music that we grew up on. This is the type of music that we play. Punk rock is our way of life. It's how we choose to live, and everyone else's opinion is worth nothing. Don't worry about what I listen to, worry about your own life. 'Cause I'm not going to change for you or anyone. I can't help it if you don't like it, and it's up to me if I don't want to listen to anything else. it's what's in our blood. It flows through our vaines. So save your breath, 'cause we're here to stay.
I was joking about the close minded thing

You really are missing out on alot of good music though
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Andrewbiles
Cassettes are the best quality brand new but wear out the quickest (as we all found out in the 80s and early 90s).

Vinyl doesn't lack definition if it's mastered correctly. Gives out a much warmer sound though, love it.

Interesting.

Although you're right, when I got new cassettes, they never started to hiss uncontrolably until I'd recorded over them at least once.

I hate the warm sound of vinyl and the warm sound in general. it makes a recording monotonous and boring, excessively hides the dynamic range and detracts from the bite that records should (but rarely do) have.

There is no "right" way to master, everyone has their own style, and everyone screws it up in their own different way.
Quote by StaggHound

and that sounds like fascism
Quote by Mav-16

No, fascism would be "I like Punk Rock, and you will also like Punk Rock, and if you don't like Punk Rock, then I will force you to like Punk Rock."

Quote by StaggHound
No, fascism would be "I like Punk Rock, and you will also like Punk Rock, and if you don't like Punk Rock, then I will force you to like Punk Rock."

either way you are very ignorant.

hahahaha
Quote by Mav-16

That's not even close to fascism. Fascism would be kicking people's ass for not liking punk.
It's not ignorant. That's just not liking any music other than punk, and not caring about other people's opinions on you or what you like. Maybe StaggHound has tried listening to other genres and found that he did not enjoy them.
Also, every time I see a comment by you, you're always being a dick and trying to insult some one for their beliefs, ideas, or musical taste. Seriously, you need to calm down and realize that people aren't stupid for being different than you.
Quote by StaggHound

why dont you listen to this you might like it
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Also, every time I see a comment by you, you're always being a dick and trying to insult some one for their beliefs, ideas, or musical taste. Seriously, you need to calm down and realize that people aren't stupid for being different than you.

And now that I think about it, isn't that a sort of...low-level facism? "YOU'RE DIFFERENT, you're stupid"
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by Mav-16
either way you are very ignorant.

hahahaha

ignorance has nothign to do with it.

some people just don't like punk. cause they've heard it and it doesn't appeal to them.
same goes for all types of music, thats not ignorance, that personal preferance.
Page 1 of 2