Page 1 of 2
I just put my Razr (cell phone) through the washing machine...I feel like an absolute idiot. this is the second phone I've lost/broken in one year. damn it.

So anyone else have any great stories where they've lost or broken their phone(s)? Share.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
once i wanted a new phone, so i put mine in the toilet....and then it broke....but then to get a new one i had to pay liek 100 bucks. lets just say i was pissed and ill keep my ****ty phone over anything now hahah
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
i dropped mine in a toliet in mexico
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Mine has been through the washing machine twice, dropped it off the second story of a building (accidentally, of course), lost it in the woods for a few days...and found it again!...and it still works.

Yay for Japanese craftsmanship.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I was walking along down the road once, and it was a cold stormy day. The demon of the wind whipped his icy whip across my bare flesh, and the great devil of Georgia ascended from the depths of Hell to claim my soul. I fought in an epic text message battle against the beast.
Sweat was flying, my thumbs were motoring away on the number pad, and soon I realized that my petty T9 predictive text mode was no match for Beelzebub's mighty thumb typing powers of doom. And so, the dark lord of evil struck at my phone with his terrible blows of fire, and it was no more...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Mine flew off the dash of my car out the open window and into the ditch while going 130km an hour on the highway. Took half an hour to find it, but it still worked.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by Gunpowder
Mine has been through the washing machine twice, dropped it off the second story of a building (accidentally, of course), lost it in the woods for a few days...and found it again!...and it still works.

Yay for Japanese craftsmanship.

Wait wait, yours still works?!?! How'd you get it to work after you sent it through the wash? Do i use a hairdryer to dry the circuits or what? Razr's motorola which is japanese. is there a hope mine could live? (doubt it) but still, lemme know if you have advice.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
I treat my phone with care.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i was just walkin down the street when all of a sudden a firebreathing dragon flew down and beat me to the ground in its dragonrage fury.

oh and then i dropped my phone on cement the next weekend.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by scarfacesuit
I was walking along down the road once, and it was a cold stormy day. The demon of the wind whipped his icy whip across my bare flesh, and the great devil of Georgia ascended from the depths of Hell to claim my soul. I fought in an epic text message battle against the beast.
Sweat was flying, my thumbs were motoring away on the number pad, and soon I realized that my petty T9 predictive text mode was no match for Beelzebub's mighty thumb typing powers of doom. And so, the dark lord of evil struck at my phone with his terrible blows of fire, and it was no more...

I wanna see someone beat this.
Quote by Briyan_15

Quote by omegasus
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
Wait wait, yours still works?!?! How'd you get it to work after you sent it through the wash? Do i use a hairdryer to dry the circuits or what? Razr's motorola which is japanese. is there a hope mine could live? (doubt it) but still, lemme know if you have advice.

The first time, I just charged it, and it worked again fine afterwards.

The second time, my friend actually got it working again...she said there's some sort of water-damage thing on it that she aired out, 'cause she's had experience with phones going through the wash before...not sure how she did it exactly, though.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by scarfacesuit

I laughed so hard while reading this I cried.

Oh, and I threw my phone out of a moving car going 50 mph, and it still works.
Sorry, but how do you not notice a phone in the pocket of your pants going into the wash? I mean, Satan himself had to rip mine from my cold, beaten fingers...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
a friend of mine was talking to his friend on his cell while in the parking lot at work (doesn't like to drive and talk. smart guy) he finished talking to him, put the cell on the roof of the car, out his bags in the back seat, climbed in and began to drive away. realizing his phone was onthe roof of the car as he drove off, he got to watch it fall off the side and smash to pieces. his facial expression was priceless.
Quote by LedDaveZeppelin
I bounced mine off a snare drum... whet for the catch and the phone hit the ground.

haha
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
My dad just put his razr thru the washing machine like 2 days ago.

I bumped into a table one and destroyed the screen to my old phone
Not the way I play guitar hero. I 5 stared free bird on the first try! Ima be a rock star..... as soon as my parents buy me a guitar.
I was playing soccer (my phone was in my bag) when it decided to rain.
After I got subbed out I discovered my phone in inches of water in my bag
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
i ran over my friends vintage 1980's phone.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Dude one of my older phones
(forgot what kind)
was a beeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssst.

I had gone swimming with it in my pocket,
I had sent it through the wash at least ten times,
and I had lost count as to how many times I had dropped it.

It took the night spent in my friends driveway
(while raining)
and then being run over by a car the next morning to finally end it.

When I got it back I turned it on and for about a minute it was still working.

But seriously though,
before the whole driveway thing it didn't even have a scratch.
Quote by scarfacesuit

Win.
i look down at my hands,
like they were mirrors.
I busted the screen out of mine and it was about 2 days old, I wanted to cry. Good thing my girlfried has connections at the Alltell store, she got it replaced since her friend worked there.
Yeah i washed and dried my Mp3 player, and it didnt work anymore. stupid creative, cant make Mp3s that are washable
i dropped my bran-new cell in my cereal bowl before. i was soo pissed. but i got a free one so its all good.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
my girlfriends phone wnet through the wash, she hooked it up to the charger and it worked again...
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by scarfacesuit

Lolzor.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I threw my old one at my bedroom wall like last Christmas, still don't know where the battery is. Not nearly as good as scarfacesuits one, that was brilliant
Quote by scarfacesuit

win

i was in a pissy mood so i threw my phone at my pillow. it hit the top of the pillow and split in two. i was sad.
\
I walked into a pool with my phone in my pocket.
"Button my white shirt
Put on some old ragged shoes.
Facade or the truth?"
On those Motorola Razr 3's, the battery turns red when water hits it, so that the shop can't take it back. You'll notice a tiny tiny of red (well, before it went through the wash that is)

My suggestion is to try and air it out, and charge it as a previous poster suggested.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
nothing really happened to mine exept once it got stolen. but i have a good story that happened to my friend.
My friend accidently left his phone in his pocket and put his pants to wash luckily the phone didnt break but all the buttons were effed up and he put a pin code when you turn it on so he called some phone place from his home phone saying what to do with the buttons and some retaarted indian guy answers just to say "oh no you shouldnt have done that" in an indian accent ofcoarse so he just threw it away and got a new one
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
my ex broke my phone by sitting on it, really wierd since she only weighed about 7 stone.
Quote by ideasofmarch
I walked into a pool with my phone in my pocket.

Fuck. I am so paranoid about that happening to me. I always carry my mp3 player and phone with me at all times, and I will make sure they are safe before I go into a pool. But as soon as I touch the water I instantly shit myself and slam my hands into my pockets just in case. Gahh its the worst feeling.
On the Gadget Show they said if you drop your phone in water you should take it apart as much as possible (don't pull open glued bits though obviously) and leave it all out on a towel for a few days to let it all dry.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Page 1 of 2