ok this summer I joined School of Rock for some good jamming

we were grouped into bands by musical tastes and skill level
then we jammed for 2 weeks and performed as a showcase to what we did

I'm the Guitarist with the Red LTD on stage left (Grey shirt,black gym shorts)
and I played the solo during "Cum on feel the noize" (6:30 Roughly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olPzzk1EzjY

Solo was completely improvised so Id like some comments on that and my skill level. good or bad (but if bad please Constructive criticism)

and yes I know we were cruising through "tell me baby" and don't diss the singers
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
I enjoyed it for the most part. Considering it was entirely improvised, I'd say it was good.
Nikolas
lmao...that ur keyboard gal looks like a zombie. solo wasnt bad...i hate it when someone plays one shape on the scale, but, hey. wasnt too bad for imrpov. couldave picked a cooler song IMO but it was pretty sweet *applause*
Where's the power-slide?!

Well, according to my ears, you didn't screw up anything major. Which is good. A lot of people try to punch the gas pedal when they have no idea how to steer.

But you did stay in the same general box when playing your solo. Which is fine if that's what's written down. But, when improvising, I try and shove in some legato and such to keep it interesting. (Sliding around, hammer-ons etc.) I'm not saying shred your ass off, but jump into a different area and try something there.

On skill level, you're obviously not a god, but obviously not a noob. Congrats on playing on-stage-- it's an awesome experience-- and keep it up. I look forward to seeing more from you. Good job.
I stayed pretty much with alerion kinda did a little in the other scale but mostly kept it simple so I wouldn't screw up.

Im not even going to comment to those talking about the singers

yeah I know about the lame song but we spent a whole day arguing and thats what everyone comprised too
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
Not a bad solo. I'd work on the scale more than anything else. You seem like you know the scale, but don't exactly know it front and back, and are comfortable with it. For improv, it wasn't bad though. I'd recommend, for those moments when you didn't know what to do next, just throw in a few crazy bends and make it look dramatic by bangin your head or something. That's what I do on stage.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by scarfacesuit
Not a bad solo. I'd work on the scale more than anything else. You seem like you know the scale, but don't exactly know it front and back, and are comfortable with it. For improv, it wasn't bad though. I'd recommend, for those moments when you didn't know what to do next, just throw in a few crazy bends and make it look dramatic by bangin your head or something. That's what I do on stage.

+1 Forgot about that. When you wanna think of what to play next, hanging on a note with a bend or even doing a pinch on it and adding vibrato gives you some thinking time.
It wasn't bad, not amazing, but pretty good. Just keep going with it. Also, that one "singer" can't sing, but the pretty one on the left could. Hot damn.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Quote by Capua47
Does that mean getting her phone number is out of the question?

from me yes
Quote by Stop Messin'
QQ ...well okay, but 1. I didn't know there were actual "school of rock" things; i just thought it was a trashy movie with some fat lard named Jack Black starring in it. And 2. There's people who actually live in Minnisota? wow...
yeah, im not gonna say the singers were bad. but trying to copy a man's voice is gonna obviously crash and burn. basically, they ruined the song. sorry. but your solo was actually pretty cool. congrats.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Capua, Thats actually where the idea came from so something good came out of that movie
and yes there are people in MN like bob dylan
Quote by Stop Messin'
Quote by Chevylegend454
Capua, Thats actually where the idea came from so something good came out of that movie
and yes there are people in MN like bob dylan

He's an October '07er, don't mind him...
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.