its not a bad amp considering how much you pay for it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Perhaps you already bought it.
Peavey is generally pretty good, even their cheap solid states, but elaborate more on your situation.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have the 158, and I like it. It has a good decent sound , and even though people say it can't do metal, it can. Granted it isn't a mesa/engl, but it's a bloody good practice amp for what it is and what it costs.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by 8footsativaist
I have the 158, and I like it. It has a good decent sound , and even though people say it can't do metal, it can. Granted it isn't a mesa/engl, but it's a bloody good practice amp for what it is and what it costs.

does the 158 come with effects?
Quote by Midnight Murk
What is your opinion on the Peavey Bandit 112?

never tried
A good sounding, loud amp. Good distortion, good cleans and built solid.
You are going to be very happy. I have an old Peavey Backstage Plus (1984 model, 35 watts) and my SG sounds great through it. My amp isn't that much different from the Bandit.
Nice. And as for the 158 having effects, na. The blazer, identical to the 158, has reverb on it though.
The ones with effects are the transtube EFX series, which are considerably more expensive.
Haven't tried any of em.
From what I've read on the bandit, yeah, it's a decent amp with alot of versatility.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
The Peavey EFX is the only Peavey amp I wouldn't trust but I have not played one. I don't like onboard effects/modeling, and I don't trust the effects circuitry not to break.