ok i juse bought this amp today, got it for $50, it rocks. But how do you take care of a vintage amp? the last time i know that this thing was used was about 15years ago. It sounds great, a little fuzzy and cuts out until it rly warms up. how do i know if the tubes need replacing? and how do i know what tubes to put in it?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The type of tubes is probably stamped into the chassis just over the tube sockets. You may have trouble obtaining some of those tubes. There are specialty tube stores in most large cities. I'd take the entire amp in and have them test the tubes for you. It may also need a cap job (capacitor.) Wouldn't hurt to have them take it apart and clean the dust out, and you can use contact cleaner on the pots and jacks.
Quote by uldhppi
T You may have trouble obtaining some of those tubes.

ah....i was afraid of that, o well, don't some models of old tubes last a very long time if you take care of them?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
It will need all the electrolytics replaced, because they will eventually blow up when they get too old, and possibly destroy your whole amp. Fresh ones will also make the amp sound a whole lot better.