As noob-ish as the title sounds, it's not like that at all. When i string my E string it hits the last fret bar and buzzes and it makes this buzzy noise on every fret except the 22nd and only if i bend the string. Is it because the action is too low? someone please explain why this is and how I can fix it.
thanks in advance.
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
I'm pretty sure that's because the action is too low, raise it by turning the screw or posts in the bridge.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
i was gonna skip over this, but your name is the mars volta. so i figured i'd check what was going on. then i saw SG man in here, so i sat down and grabbed myself a beer from yuor fridge. hope thats cool. anyway, yeah, just rotate the thumb screws is the obvious answer. but say that doesn't work. or more feasibly, does work but the other strings are way too high and your action sucks. tilt that sexually-angular rock masterpiece and look at the neck. is it straight? if not, work the truss rod a bit, but only a little bit at a time, don't wanna warp you neck, or warp it further than it maybe already is. if it looks straight, and the action on all other 5 strings is where you like it, check your nut. this sounds like the most obvious solution, since its only your e string. you could fix this problem for now by finding something very thin and hard to shim the string up to proper action for now, but eventually you will need a new nut. fortunately for you, this procedure is neither difficult nor expensive. check stewmac.com for nut replacements and replacement procedures (google). if it comes pre cut (my suggestion. but first, measure your nut dimensions. that's right, check your nut size) all you will need is a firm tap on the side of the nut with, say, a screw driver and a hammer, and some glue.
\now fix it so you can go jam on some volta!!!
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery