ok
i need a new amp
i kinda want to get the Peavey ValveKing 112 or the Bandit
with a Rocktron Metal Planet
but im not sure
i play metal
mostly Trivium and Death
among many others

im starting a band so i need something loud enough.
it has to remain clarity at high volumes with distortion
it needs to be reliable and good

any suggestions?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Bandit it Bomb **** man. I love it like a child, and i beat it like a child too. its so awesome, i don't even bother using a distortion pedal with it any more because the drive on it is amazing. i hear a lot of good things about the valve king as well
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Budget?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Sean-Man
Bandit it Bomb **** man. I love it like a child, and i beat it like a child too. its so awesome, i don't even bother using a distortion pedal with it any more because the drive on it is amazing. i hear a lot of good things about the valve king as well

This guys right. I own one and it owns!

by the way i love the child analogy
oh oops
i dont want to go over $400 but if i have to go a few bills over, i will.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
oh oops
i dont want to go over $400 but if i have to go a few bills over, i will.

it's a little iffy with bandit. i got mine for $550 and i negotiated for an hour and a half.
It's well worth extra cash though.
Quote by Midnight Murk
I would also like some opinions on the Bandit. I play rock and hard rock and barely any metal. My Gibson SG Standard should be here by Tuesday (a 2006 model with extremely light use--$1000!). I am currently debating over the Peavey Bandit 112 and the Peavey ValveKing 112. I think they both look good, but I'm not sure I want to have to pay to replace tubes.

Bandit doesn't have tubes but it sounds grat for anything. The distaortion has vintage, modern, and a high gain setting and the clean is basically the cleanest ive heard on any amp. The reverb sounds amazing with the clean.
to tell you the truth i dont like SG's...
lol

but i guess ill just get the bandit
yes, no?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by Midnight Murk

i dont know about you but i didnt buy it off of musicians friend. i didnt know about it at the time. i also bought it in canada. remember thats us dollars they're showing there. and the sales tax was 15 %. and the guy at the store selling it to me was a total dick. i dont regret it though. its also the old one they had with the red stripe on the bottom.
Last edited by dervishguitar at Oct 13, 2007,
yeah.
actually
i dont mind though

i feel like im about to get a cheapo amp...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
to tell you the truth i dont like SG's...
lol

but i guess ill just get the bandit
yes, no?

yeah get the bandit it is so worth it. if youre alone try not to get it past four or five. the neighbours get pissed.

trust me.
Quote by Midnight Murk
I would also like some opinions on the Bandit. I play rock and hard rock and barely any metal. My Gibson SG Standard should be here by Tuesday (a 2006 model with extremely light use--$1000!). I am currently debating over the Peavey Bandit 112 and the Peavey ValveKing 112. I think they both look good, but I'm not sure I want to have to pay to replace tubes.

you have to spend like 60 bucks every 2 years for fricken tubes, boo freakin hoo.

And @ threadstarter, id get a bandit, a cheap distortion, or od pedal to get you into metal type area, and a noise reducer of some sort, because its probably gunna buzz like a bitch.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I honestly don't know why everyone in this thread is recommending the Bandit so highly, it's an alright amp, but (imo) the VK is superior to it in every way, shape and form. The VK will also be a lot louder than the Bandit and sound better at louder volumes when practicing with your band. I'd just use a good overdrive pedal on top of the VK's gain channel though to get what you want, unless you already have the Rocktron.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd just use a good overdrive pedal on top of the VK's gain channel though to get what you want, unless you already have the Rocktron.

i'd say you might not have to. valveking actually has a lot of gain when using the gain boost button. im not sure why more people dont use it. i think they think it'll take some quality out of their sound. i was checking the schematic and all the button does is change what resistor the sounds going through to get more gain.
oh, and if your getting a valveking, look at changing the speaker. the one built in is quite muddy, and you'd probs be better of putting in a good eminence speaker. i put an eminence legend recently and its really improved the dynamics of the sound and smoothed out the distorsion
but does it have enough gain to play my kind of metal??
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
but does it have enough gain to play my kind of metal??

comfortably. more than enough with the gain boost button on.