Is dragon force sped up after being recorded, ive had a lot of people tell me so whats your opinion?
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
I don't think so, they can play as fast live. However, I think they do pretty up their playing with Pro Tools and whatnot because Sam and Herman are disgustingly sloppy live.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
no they play all badass in the studio but they cant really play it live which kinda blows but what ever they are pretty badass
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
thats probably people that cant play it and want an excuse, and they wouldn't be able to play it live if they couldnt play it that fast in the studio.
I saw them in concert and they were in a pretty small venue ( they were'nt popular at the time) and the equilization was terrible so all you could really hear was bass drum, symbal and ZP Theart screaming. Occasionally you could hear them on solos and they sounded decent but definately not as crisp as on the albums. They either can't play very consistent live, run out of stamina after a few songs (cant blame em) or just are frauds. I like to think they were just having an off-night
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Well, you have to take into consideration that their live shows are played while heavily, heavily inebriated. They even attach their drinks to the mic stands and use straws so they can drink while they play.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
I really don't like DragonForce...they're just one big show off band. LOOK AT ME! I CAN SWEEP PICK!!!!!

They're sloppy, if you're gunna be in a show off band then you might aswell do it well.
the main reason theyre sloppy live is because they put too much emphasis on the look at me im jumping around aspect of their performance. im sure they could all stand in one spot for a whole concert and nail 95% of all their songs.

some bands have OK albums with songs that sound incredible live, others have great quality albums that they can't really reproduce live, some are awesome at both.the only band i know of that speeds up their recordings are the beserker. ive also heard that hetfields vocals on ride the lightning were sped up as well to raise the pitch so he was in key
don't know what some of you fellers are talking 'bout.
Saw them live with Killswitch Engage quite awhile back, and they nailed ER'YTHANG.
their solos aren't exactly hard if you can sweep and tremolo pick pretty well.
It's just memorizing the 1000notes is hard.
Try remembering all of that and putting it on a guitar in one try....assclowns (Colgate Total, Purple Flavoured).
you guys have NO RIGHT to say they suck when you two MOST LIKELY couldn't compare to them.

I mean really, go teach yourself one of their songs....actually try Valley Of The Damned, and learn that ****, videotape yourself playing it, let me laugh at your suck.

and to Slaiv +****ing 1million.
you have no idea how much these Europeans metalgods love drinking (all except the drummer who doesn't have access to any, lol).
they constantly have 2 beers with a straw on their mic stands, and when 1 runs out, its replaced.

get drunk and remember how to play like Herman Li...yeah, its about as ez pz for normal people as it is for a ****ing monkey to do a 1hour show of Stand-Up Comedy.

edit:
about 80% of bands do not sound the same as they do in studios, since there is a lot of touch ups the band might like to use on the songs/album they think would
sound better anyways.
and hey, when the hardest metal known to mankind is in the studio, they MOST LIKELY aren't drunk off their asses.

edit2:
Im actually waiting to see a Herman Li signature Ibanez....it's only a matter of time,
actually I would've expected one sooner, but I guess he just likes plain Ibanez Prestige S2170s.
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Oct 13, 2007,
I'm getting so damn tired of the "well, they may mess up, but they're drunk" excuse.

If you want to get wasted before a performance, go ahead, but just because you sucked due to having had too much to drink, doesn't mean you didn't mess up your performance; not to mention the fact that it's unfair towards all the people that have paid good money to see your band. I remember Kerry King from Slayer saying he never drinks before a performance, to make sure people get what they paid for.

Also, drunk or not, it is true that on most nights and also on a lot of instructional clips they don't quite nail the songs the way they did on the record. It's quite common that artists use a million overdubs, takes and cuts when recording, but Dragonforce take it to an extreme.

I guess they teach us all a valuable lesson about ProTools...

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

edit2:
Im actually waiting to see a Herman Li signature Ibanez....it's only a matter of time,
actually I would've expected one sooner, but I guess he just likes plain Ibanez Prestige S2170s.

Yes, the signature is in the pipeline; he posted about it on Jemsite.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

their solos aren't exactly hard if you can sweep and tremolo pick pretty well.
It's just memorizing the 1000notes is hard.
Try remembering all of that and putting it on a guitar in one try....assclowns (Colgate

There are plenty of bands that have hard, complex, solo parts that manage to recreate them on stage perfectly. May I mention Racer X; they could play all their insane dual lead solos from their albums live in perfect synchronisation.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
even being drunk though, they still do it good.

omg there is one?!
LINK NAO

This is supposed to be the prototype, although there's some debate whether this is his signature prototype, or that of a regular 24 fret S series.

I guess if you want to find out for sure you have to wait about 3 months till winter NAMM.

Quote by SHREDlamode
Can't leak anything haha should I really be saying anything? But 'everything' you and me (we, the guitar geeks here) wished for many years on an Ibanez S will be there and MORE!
I wouldn't wanna play a guitar with a big splat sig on the headstock either no matter who it is... LOL.
That's all I can say!

This is what Herman had to say about it, although it's not too much...
I'm digging that weird effect ring thingy.What's it do?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
its a prototype for sure. Ibanez doesn't make guitars with knobs that have the numbers on them..... especially not any S prestige, which is the ONLY Ibanez guitars that Herman plays.
he wouldn't ever just use a regular S, no wayz, and that thing doesn't have the prestige bubble, but instead dots all over, besides, the S prestiges only come with 22 frets.

so there's 2 possibilities here (which is actually more like 1 but still...)

1)its a signature guitar yet to be released (like how the guys in Chaimara have signature ESPs that might be released to public)
2)its a custom made for Herman Li....which is still gonna be considered a signature since its what he asked for.

I do thoroughly remember him playing a very unique looking Ibanez S body when I saw them live.
wasn't that one, looked exactly like the $1299.99 SA Prestige on guitarcenter.com......
cept it had the double locking tremolo and h/s/h config..... maybe he's gonna pull a steve vai sig ordeal....same guitar, different finishes
Quote by Broken-pick

ive seen an ad for something liek this in a guitar mag. if its what i think it is, theres a unit on the floor as well. apparently its like an expression pedal, except instead of pressing your foot on a pedal, it tracks the way your hand moves for expression, and the unit on the floor is where you control all the settings. pretty cool stuff.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
its a prototype for sure. Ibanez doesn't make guitars with knobs that have the numbers on them..... especially not any S prestige, which is the ONLY Ibanez guitars that Herman plays.
he wouldn't ever just use a regular S, no wayz, and that thing doesn't have the prestige bubble, but instead dots all over, besides, the S prestiges only come with 22 frets.

1)its a signature guitar yet to be released (like how the guys in Chaimara have signature ESPs that might be released to public)
2)its a custom made for Herman Li....which is still gonna be considered a signature since its what he asked for.

I do thoroughly remember him playing a very unique looking Ibanez S body when I saw them live.
wasn't that one, looked exactly like the $1299.99 SA Prestige on guitarcenter.com......
cept it had the double locking tremolo and h/s/h config..... maybe he's gonna pull a steve vai sig ordeal....same guitar, different finishes

No Prestige with numbered knobs, eh? How about the Jems, ATs and PGMs...

Also, if it's option 1, we'll find out in january. If it's number 2, why would he be so vague about it, most endorsers are quite proud of their LACS models and post them online.

By the way, you're forgetting option three: it's a 24 fret S prototype and Ibanez have asked Herman to test/promote it.

Quote by Broken-pick

It's probably a WAG (wireless audio gesture), which is an effects unit. By moving your hand, you can control your effects.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_zNWQ0eE3mo&mode=related&search=namm%20xpresense%20kim%20wag%20effect%20controller
I say they are just drinking lemonade. They say it is alcohol so they can use the "hey I'm drunk so its ok" excuse.
WTLTL 2011
no it's not sped up after recording but chances are the solos are tidied up with pro tools or they use little 3 second clips from the best takes recorded to make one decent sounding solo.

Herman's a good guitarist but not as good as the dragonforce fanboys say he is.

and why record something that you can't play live (I don't mean layering, harmonizing etc, just something you don't have the ability to play)

and since when do you have to be as good as someone or better to be able to criticize them. Last time I looked, most people who bash politicians haven't even tried to be one let alone have had success as one.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I think I finally figured it out they can't play standing up they need to just get a bunch of chairs sit down and then really rock......
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Nice theory, but you're wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9dl0UxoOY&mode=related&search=

and if that's not enough check out their "Betcha can't play this lesson".

AAAAHHHH!!!! That was terrible.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
I'd be awfully pissed if the band I paid money for sucked because they were drunk. That shows a lot about them and what they think about their fans.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
I don't think that they speed up their solos but they definitely have some studio touches to them. Most guitar playing doesn't sound exactly like it does on the record live. It's Dragonforce's fault for making music that isn't Live friendly.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

You mean a S Series? All SAs are are Ss with a neck single coil and a vintage tremolo
The POS is a wireless effects controller in the form of a ring, intended to be worn on the strumming hand of a guitarist looking for nuance control. Unlike other products that have been previously released, The wag does not require the musician to take their hand away from the strings or alter their playing style. Furthermore, the system allows you to use your current effects rig so you can continue to use the sound you have spent years creating. Please visit us and let us know your thoughts. We hope you are as excited as we are!