So yeah there's some big get together with my parents and a bunch of their friends just a big party I guess and it's in a hall or something and apparently has a stage.

Anyways to the point of the thread.

My mom asked me to play something tomorrow, I've only played in front of a group like this twice, both times I freaked out but got through the song.
Anywho I know i'd regret passing up a chance to play so I said I would but I have no idea what song / songs to perform.

Basically just a bunch of adults, they don't listen to rock at all, mostly vocal things (foreign eastern music too) and I can't sing at all, definitely not while playing so I need to please them with just the guitar playing.
I was thinking of doing something in the DADGAD tuning but I don't know any full songs with it and couldn't make much of a composition myself out of it.

No backup band or guitar, so i'll have to do a complete solo piece which would be hard.

Any ideas? I'm thinking an overdriven version of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You like Jimmy does live maybe a solo thrown in.

I can play all of Comfortably Numb but it would have to be with a backing track and no singing. Plus I don't know how popular it would be, but it's a familiar tune.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I doubt any parents would give a **** if you messed up. Play some Stones or Zeppelin or whatever is easy enough for you to feel comfortable playing. Have fun, entertain, that's all.
definitely raining blood by slayer.

definitely.

just kidding. stick to some good ol zep stuff like you suggested.
Wish You Were Here
Johnny B Good

uhh thats all i got for now.....
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
play classical,always in fron of adults it flatters them and makes them feel intelligent.plus if its wicked awesome you could turn a few heads
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
Solfeggetio (Sp?) by lil' Bach.

Or Canon Rock. Everyone loves Canon Rock.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by zeppelinpage4
My mom asked me to play something tomorrow...

You have NO time to prepare. Just choose whatever you think YOU do best.

... And keep the bloody volume down!
Even if they don't care for your choice in music, they'll still enjoy it if you're not all in their faces.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
play some easy classical stuff, like "la grima".

and i'll tell you - your "freaking out" - no one can tell you're freaking out except you. you may be nervous as hell, and messed up a couple notes, but unless someone else is a musician, they'll think you're just bein' cool. so lighten up man, have fun, whatever you do.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
dude do misirlou, theres a good tab for it on here and you can learn it in like 10 minutes
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Basically just a bunch of adults, they don't listen to rock at all,

maybe its about time they start,you need to spread the good word and play Blackdog,Know Your Enemy,Master of Puppets,Welcome to the Jungle
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Well by the time they got me on stage, a number of people left but the room was still pretty full.

Last minute as I was about to go up, I decided to do a "different" sounding piece. Managed to tune my unplugged electric to DADGAD with all the background noise and singing just before going up and improvd a bit on that (some Zeppelin-ish stuff Jimmy would do and random playing), my little 30 watter was able to fill the whole room, which was quite big.

Messed up a few times and no one really said anything but I went through it, so I say it was pretty good.

Thanks for the all the help guys.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows