I own that Jackson, slapped some better EMG's (Actives) in it. So of course I'm going to be biased towards it, not only that but I hate the feel of Schecter guitars, so I'd go Jackson. Plus you play metal, Jackson would best suit you in my opinion. The best thing to do though is give both guitars a feel, and see which one you like better.
Well that Jackson uses a floating trem and the Schecter doesn't... so, what do you want? If you want a hard tail Jackson get the SLSMG, that thing kicks ass - and comes with active EMGs from the get go (the newest version anyway).

I have a Jackson and it is my best guitar if given the choice between a bolt on neck/floating trem Dinky with crappy pickups and that Omen I'd... well, hell I wouldn't buy either.

EDIT: Oh, and licensed Floyd Rose trems SUCK!
I don't have $1049 to spend man, I'm really tired of my sqiuer bullet, which the wiring is broken beyond repair, so eith I guess I'll try to save up and wait for a month and a half and spend alll of my money dude, but is there anything I could for cheaper that can be good?

I'm not really fluent on guitar parts and thier worth except for some pick-ups. Can you teach me a bit? Please?
Quote by Deadmen
I don't have $1049 to spend man, I'm really tired of my sqiuer bullet, which the wiring is broken beyond repair, so eith I guess I'll try to save up and wait for a month and a half and spend alll of my money dude, but is there anything I could for cheaper that can be good?

I'm not really fluent on guitar parts and thier worth except for some pick-ups. Can you teach me a bit? Please?

For the $500 dollars of that Jackson you linked you could easily get a SLSMG off of eBay for the same price. Though, if you're set on something new in store than a few suggestions are:

Schecter C1XXX (with real SD pickups and set neck)

Ibanez RGR421EXFM (set, Wizard II neck)

Ibanez SZ320 (nice bridge)

Washburn X30

There are lots of things you could get if you look around eBay for used stuff. I've seen deals on $1000 guitars for under $500 on there.

As for tremmed guitars: You have to really pay attention to exactly what trem system the guitar uses. Licensed Floyd Rose trems are terrible (I had one). The guitar goes out of tune so easily. Some guitars have basic trems others have fancy expensive ones. They all feel and act differently. Personally if I were to get a guitar with a trem but didn't have a lot to spend I'd get a guitar with a more subtle trem system that I could block (so it doesn't move) if I wanted... like the trem on the Ibanez SA series or whatever.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget a lot of places nowadays will match internet prices for their in store stuff. So, ask around if you absolutely won't buy off of the net.
Last edited by Johnny Two Tone at Oct 14, 2007,
*sigh"

No.

Return it and save up more for a guitar that will last more than a month.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
okay, if I get the scheter, I'll have to wait till my next paycheck (wensday after next) so, I'm gunna keep the Rhoads for that awhile so I can have something to play while waitin, you guys think that's a good plan?
Quote by Deadmen
okay, if I get the scheter, I'll have to wait till my next paycheck (wensday after next) so, I'm gunna keep the Rhoads for that awhile so I can have something to play while waitin, you guys think that's a good plan?

It's a good idea to hold on to that guitar for the mean time IF the store you got it from has an easy return policy.

The Hellraiser is definitely worth getting but now you're in a whole new price range (over what you originally said you wanted to spend) which has opened up new options all together.

Just to add: $300 for that guitar is standard price but I don't think I would ever recommend someone buy a guitar under worth less than 500 bones... ever. It's just not a wise investment unless you absolutely have to stick to a very low budget.