Ive hated writing all my life, but recently Ive been having more and more disturbing and horrific images, monsters, and stories in my head, however, I cant exactly draw them as the amount of talent needed to draw them is immense, and if my drawing didnt come out how I wanted it, I would lose interest rather quickly. Ive recently decided to write about everything in my head, but when I sit down with a pen and paper (or MS Word), I dont know where to start, what to write about, anything.

what do you think I should do to take out the imagery? What vessel would be best, poems, short stories, long novels, or what? Also, how can I get started on writing, and what should I remember? Basically any tips you can give me I will appreciate.

Remember, this is horror and fantasy mostly, and I dont want to have many human characters because frankly, I hate humans and find them uninteresting in stories. Rather, I want to portray certain scenes of horror, monsters, and brutality, but without having 500 pages of a human character's description.

Thanks!
I don't know if this is of any help, but one thing I do now and then when I don't know where to begin is: I start with one word, often the subject of what I'm going to write about, and I just think about things related with that word. I write all those words down, everything that is in some way related to the subject, and in the end I have like a page full of stuff to use in my poem/story/whatever.
Also, don't be too picky. If you've just recently started to write, you can't expect stuff to be amazing (except when you have a ****load of talent). You'll grow in your abilities as a writer, just keep trying and trying and in the end you'll get there.

Good luck.
What he said! Just add this on the end:

WRITE ALONSO! WRITE

That's all there is to it. As soon as you see a good idea, write about it. Don't think about how it is turning out, you can concentrate on that when you finish, just make sure you write it, so that you get into the habit of writing. mate, good to see you around these dark and dusty parts of the forum...
Last edited by confusius at Oct 13, 2007,
Check out the writing of H.P. Lovecraft he was adept at writing in a similar style. It might give you an idea of how to go about writing such pieces.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.