I was looking at a guitar with a Licensed Floyd Rose tremelo and I was just wondering if it's worth all the hassle. I hear a lot of people hate changing strings and tuning it and I've only had a Stratocaster before so I don't really know anything about it. So is it worth it, and what are the troubles I might face if I get it.
ah..this reminds me of the first quote in my sig

hahaha
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph
ah..this reminds me of the first quote in my sig

hahaha

Thanks dude.
Quote by Kulvin
I was looking at a guitar with a Licensed Floyd Rose tremelo and I was just wondering if it's worth all the hassle. I hear a lot of people hate changing strings and tuning it and I've only had a Stratocaster before so I don't really know anything about it. So is it worth it, and what are the troubles I might face if I get it.

I personally prefer changing strings on a guitar with floyd rose than a stratocaster. I don't think it's harder, I actually think it's easier. But that's just me :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Well, if you REALLY want to have a trem, then it's worth it. But, if you can do without one, then you're probably better off just with a fixed bridge.

It's not worth the hassle if you're barely going to use it, change tunings often, etc.
you will fight death as you slowly realize...
Quote by PhantomNote
I personally prefer changing strings on a guitar with floyd rose than a stratocaster. I don't think it's harder, I actually think it's easier. But that's just me :p

What's the difference? I think it would be hard to get easier than changing strings for a strat
There are more steps than changing strings for a strat, and it's usually more time consuming, at least if you want to get it right, but if you understand basic physics and how the balance of tension between the strings and the trem springs works, then stringing and tuning a Floyd is pretty much intuitive.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
if you understand basic physics and how the balance of tension between the strings and the trem springs works, then stringing and tuning a Floyd is pretty much intuitive.

That's exactly why people think Floyd Rose's are a hassle. They don't understand the basic principles of physics and tension. They're also impatient people. Seriously, whenever I change all 6 strings on either of my Floyd equipped guitars, it takes me probably 5 minutes longer to change the strings. This is because you have to lock the strings at the bridge.
It takes me a good 15 minutes to change strings on a non-trem guitar. It takes about 45 minutes for me to change on a trem guitar. I still prefer guitars with a trem. If you only change the strings once a month or so, it's not that big of a deal. The only annoyance is that you cannot change tunings or gauges without having to adjust the springs in the back.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by pifty
There are more steps than changing strings for a strat, and it's usually more time consuming, at least if you want to get it right, but if you understand basic physics and how the balance of tension between the strings and the trem springs works, then stringing and tuning a Floyd is pretty much intuitive.

+1

also, which guitar are you looking at? some of the cheaper licensed floyds are horrible, and odds are a lot of the floyd's detractors have only tried the crap versions, which are an admitted headache.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?