im thinking of getting a new guitar, and the one that has caught my attention is the jackson rhoads rr1. All the reviews ive read on these have rated the guitar highly. Ive heard that this guitar has a a bit of buzzing/feedback when at higher volumes which is the only problem ive heard of with them. But others think that the pickups are excelent and dont have this problem. ive heard that this guitar has a very fast neck and has probly the best upper fret access available. I know that the cleans arent going to be too great as it is a metal guitar, but i want to be able to play cleans that wont be completly horrible.

I mainly play metal/classic metal such as Trivium, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, children of bodom and stuff like that. ive played for 2 years , wouldnt call my self a great player but im getting better i want a guitar that will last me.
I currently have a dean markley k 50 amp which is about 15 years old and i bought it from one of dads friends...does the job as a practice amp but i will be upgrading my amp as well after purchasing a guitar and saving a bit more money but before i do that i will be playing through a pod xt.

i live in australia and will be importing the guitar from america as in australia guitars are way expensive.

What are your opinions on this guitar?
i own a jackson and i would advise you to buy one.

mine is only a few months old and it's one of the best guitars i've ever played
i hate all those nasty pasty people

:stickpoke i like to poke people

the fighter pilot of the a7x army
well i got floored by the RR5, and i imagine that the RR1 would be that good x one billion in every way. you can still get nice cleans with the neck pickup in the RR5 and again that should be exactly the same for the RR1.

the RR1 is definately a great guitar, absolute top of the line kind of stuff which is what makes me think you probably dont need a guitar that good and maybe an RR5 or something would be enough (theyre about half the price or less here in australia im pretty sure) and then use the half you save buying an amp or something.

unless you or your parents are loaded its probably overkill, but if money is no object i see no reason why not
Well im going to be paying for it by myself, so i want to get good value for money.
Ive heard the RR5 is good but i always want the best

EDIT: How much did u pay for the RR5?
Quote by x_trivium_x
Well im going to be paying for it by myself, so i want to get good value for money.
Ive heard the RR5 is good but i always want the best

EDIT: How much did u pay for the RR5?

well, RR1's would be fantastic dont get me wrong but theyre not the most common thing in australia so you pay a bit of a premium on the price which lowers their value for money if you could give that a rating.

the RR5 on the other hand is very similar and shares close enough to the same quality overall for a much cheaper price which makes it far better bang for your buck, it doesnt have a trem though which may be a problem for you.

i dont have an RR5 but ive seen them around the 2-2.5 grand kind of mark wheras an RR1 would be 4k+ maybe pushing 6 grand in australia.
Diamond Dave, I love your answer. +1

I've played an RR1, and suffice to say, it has decent cleans. Mind you the one I played through had an 85/81 setup. I haven't had experience with the passive pickup setup.

Jackson's action and frets are so low, you barely have to touch the strings. I've had all my guitars filed and setup to jackson neck configurations. As far as buzz goes, it's nearly negligible. There has to be a tradeoff between low action and buzz, and on the rr1 i played, it was excellent. Slight buzz on the 18th fret, but it came fromt he guitar , and I couldn't hear it on the amp.

Fret access is a non-issue. If that axe had 30 frets, you'd be able to reach it, even if you had fat, chubby and short fingers. No worries there. The neck joint is EXCELLENT. Comfortable even for the smallest hands. The neck is definitely FAST. You might want to get one with an oiled neck, if possible, no laquer or anything. Those are godly.

So, if money isn't an object, get one. It'll last you the rest of your life. Be mindful. Pointy guitars are a different thing altogether. Watch the sharp points. I suggest you get some rubber pads and cover the edges when you're practicing in the bedroom.

Cheers, and have fun with your new guitar!
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
The Rhoads Model is what started Jackson guitars, so Jackson kind of has to keep their Rhoads models the best they can. Each RR1 I've ever played, I had to have a friend peel me away from it so I wouldn't steal it. They're probably the best guitars I've ever played.
To be honest, I'm against all v-shape guitars because they are a HUGE pain to play sitting down. Jackson is a very good brand, but I would pick a different shape.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
To be honest, I'm against all v-shape guitars because they are a HUGE pain to play sitting down. Jackson is a very good brand, but I would pick a different shape.

OMG...That's it. I'm taking a picture of me sitting down with my Rhoads V and posting it each time someone says that you can't sit with them. The biggest reason Randy Rhoads designed the Rhoads V the way it is is so you can sit with it classical style. What that means is, the lower wing is between your legs.

EDIT: BAM!
Last edited by Vittu0666 at Oct 13, 2007,
They are great, but TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! Be sure to inspect it well too, as USA Jacksons have had some bad QC issues as of late.
Those guitars are great, really comfortable, even sitting down(After playing one, i actually sometimes hold my Sg classical Style now) and it sounds great, with good action