i have a Laney LG35R amp and i need something bigger to use at band practices/gigs. my amp says it has an external speaker output for a cabinet or sumthing obviously, but i was wondering is it a good idea to just buy a cabinet and use my current amp as the head, or should i save up and get cabinet and a proper head?
An external cab wont make it louder. Suppose if it was a 412 it would push more air and seem abit louder. Your better off just selling the laney and picking up a good valve amp.