I play all types of styles except death metal. I am a really warm analog type of player but I also like to shred once and a while or play heavy slow rhythms kind of like audioslave. Any oppinions which would be the best bang for the buck between the new Fender 100w pro tube Twin (switchable from 100 to 25w), Fender Twin Reverb, Mesa Express 5:50, or the Mesa Lonestar.

Thanks
VR
Soulbrotha
what kind of money are you talking?

I tried a budda a while back and that might do what you want... thd flexi 50 might also be worth considering... you have a bunch of options, basically...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, i think the flexi is over...

budda might be just within budget for one of their combos, but you'd need to check. would be worth looking into at any rate.

are you close to rocksolidamps in florida? i know they have some excellent amps which might be worth a try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
as Dave said, Buddas very nice.

check out a Twinmaster, theres one on TGP for like a grand. Those amps are meant to have a large amount of gain but clean up wonderfully with the volume knob.

its 18 watts i believe though, so if your set on some insanely loud amp, look away. Even though it is a loud 18 watts.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
The Mesa F series has Mesa's best cleans from an amp that will do metal. Very warm, much thicker than Fender cleans, and a lot of headroom.

Lonestars have Mesa's best cleans, but, they don't go to metal. They have great OD's to them, which is probably even better than the cleans. either way, if you're thinking of spending over $1000-$1500 on an amp, you should definatly test it out first.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by which ones pink
And don't forget the ever popular Mark IV.

Those do have great cleans but I still find the F series has the best cleans other than the lonestar that Mesa offers. You'd really be surprised how good their cheapest amp sounds clean.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The lonestar is 1699 so its gonna be over your price limit. From my experience with it though it is an astounding amp, the cleans rival anything fender is putting out today easily. It sounds like the best choice for you with maybe a good od or distortion for your metal needs. then youll be set.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
I just bought a Lonestar 212 combo. I should have it by tuesday. Can't wait.

Also Andy Timmons is having a clinic in one of our local stores here in jax. I will picking his brain about the lonestar since it is one of his main amps. Thanks for all of your inputs.
VR
Soulbrotha
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you close to rocksolidamps in florida? i know they have some excellent amps which might be worth a try.

Are those excellent amps worth a 3 hour trip? (actually 5 for TS, Jacksonille is in the north)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i guess it depends how cheap public transport/fuel is, and how much time you have.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?