Page 1 of 3
I didn't sleep at all last night, so reality is a little distorted. But, I'm fairly sure I'm not hallucinating...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/7042945.stm

Please tell me I'm wrong, and this is all a horrible waking dream. I mean, it's a shame the kid died... but they want to ban PEN LIDS?! Because their kid was stupid enough to swallow one?

I nominate this for stupidest campaign of the year.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
lol, I put those things in my mouth anytime I write.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
lol, I put those things in my mouth anytime I write.

You are breaking a potential law! I have called the Pen Police. Please do not leave the premises or they will be forced to assume you are evading arrest and take appropriate action.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
but if they succeed in this stupid campaign, in sure some other idiot will do a "bring back pen lids" rally
Maybe I can start a campaign for ALL small objects. I can run a huge charity ball and collect a lot of money. And once it gets denied I keep all the charity money! I finally filled out my financial plan after all these years.

1.Campaign
2.Charity
3.Denial of Ban
4.Profit!
D:
Signature.
@ all of this!

I love such news early in the morning.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

with no pen lids the ink will be dry
Edit:No offence to the kid but who would be stupid enough to swallow a pen lid...
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Last edited by M.O.P at Oct 13, 2007,
I feel sorry for the kid, his parents and all but that's just wasting time and money. They might just as well ban the pens and erasers.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Fountain pens and felt tips really need lids. Biros would be ok tho
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
its called the darwin award and that kid wins it

i am a cynical bastard btw
You are now blinking manually
Guys, we can't let this ban happen! Do you really want people running around with pens sans tops in their pockets?!?!?! Ink will run amuck!!!!!
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by craigmileham
but if they succeed in this stupid campaign, in sure some other idiot will do a "bring back pen lids" rally

I hereby declare the beginning of the national "You can't have our pen lids" movement.

We need to act NOW. These people want our pen lids!

I demand that all British nationals be granted the right to bear pen lids without fear of persecution.
I propose we ban all food, if food gets lodged in our throats we wont be able to breathe
and thats bad

soup is ok
One cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked.
-Chinese proverb-

One must ban pen lids just because there is a chance of being choked.
-British proverb-
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Keyphur
I propose we ban all food, if food gets lodged in our throats we wont be able to breathe
and thats bad

soup is ok

cold soup
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Keyphur
and thats bad

soup is ok

You can drown in soup, stupid!

Not eating at all is the way to go.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Velvet_Craig
cold soup

No, you can drown yourself with some determination and a big enough serving.

I wonder if the pen lid ban will create a dangerous, cutthroat black market in Bic biros imported from Thailand and the Middle East.

edit: ^
ahhh survival of the fittest is a wonderful thing, the strong survive while the weak/stupid die out thus improving our species as a whole
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
ahhh survival of the fittest is a wonderful thing, the strong survive while the weak/stupid die out thus improving our species as a whole

The strong survive, the weak die out and the stupid petition to get whatever killed the weak banned.

I call it the Nanny Theory of Circular Evolution. Because some among the strong become weak, and the stupid are everpresent.
Last edited by Caustic at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by Caustic
The strong survive, the weak die out and the stupid petition to get whatever killed the weak banned.

I call it the Nanny Theory.

Lmao, You win Sir.
Quote by Caustic

I call it the Nanny Theory of Circular Evolution. Because some among the strong become weak, and the stupid are everpresent.
Omg, pwnage
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Maybe been said but I believe that it is just "thinning of the herd" or Darwin's natural selection in action. This is obviously proof there is no "God" and that we are monkeys with an extra brain cell.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
just don't put it in your damn mouth...and why would you leave a 13 year old unattended?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Stage one: ban pen lids
Stage two: ???
Stage three: Profit!

Am I the only one reminded of that South park episode where the Gnomes are stealing Tweaks underwear?
Quote by gallagher2006
Stage one: ban pen lids
Stage two: ???
Stage three: Profit!

Am I the only one reminded of that South park episode where the Gnomes are stealing Tweaks underwear?

ummm which one is that, it sounds as if i definitely need to see it
now
If you read the original BBC report on it, it says that the guy ingested it after he tipped off his chair, so surely they should also be petitioning for swaying on chairs to be banned as well??

This country is so ridiculous.
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
Quote by Ferret19
If you read the original BBC report on it, it says that the guy ingested it after he tipped off his chair, so surely they should also be petitioning for swaying on chairs to be banned as well??

This country is so ridiculous.

Hell, no. Let's do this properly, if we're doing it at all. Let's ban chairs, because you can fall off them. Let's ban paper, because they encourage the use of pens, a known accessory to pen lid ingestation deaths, let's ban computers, because they're a known medium through which pro-lid campaigners communicate... besides, look at the potentially lethal shape of the return key.

Hello stone age.
lets ban nuddy pics if the guy didnt get so excited he wouldnt have fell of his chair =P
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
I really shouldn't be surprised or shocked by human stupidity anymore, but surprisingly, I am.
I'm a communist. Really.
Times like this make me want to push the "wipe out humanity" button if someone offered it to me =(

I cant believe that theyre trying this... its his own fault >_< fool... dont put things in your mouth if you dont want to run the risk of choking...
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
a kid choked on a pen lid?!?!

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

but at least he makes me feel a little bit smarter.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
i'm sorry but these people are retarded.

that's like saying you should ban ovens because a small child might accidently crawl inside and manage to turn it on and then manage to lock itself inside and cook itself.

what is the world coming to?

in the year 3000, Britain will soon be a place made entirely of polystyrene. and it will have massive warning labels on it, even on cucumbers: "this cucumber may cause accidental injury. handle with care. if swallowed, please wait 60secs to check whether you are choking to death"
Maybe we're on to something here. Next we should ban glass!

I mean, how many people die of glass a day? Loads!

I'll organize a charity ball against it!
Quote by Caustic
Hell, no. Let's do this properly, if we're doing it at all. Let's ban chairs, because you can fall off them. Let's ban paper, because they encourage the use of pens, a known accessory to pen lid ingestation deaths, let's ban computers, because they're a known medium through which pro-lid campaigners communicate... besides, look at the potentially lethal shape of the return key.

Hello stone age.

haha
SIG
Page 1 of 3