Hello guys, I know t hat this sort of thing has been discussed to death, but the amount of different answers have made me more confused than ever. I'm sort of stuck in deciding which multi effects pedal I should buy.

The stuff I'll be playing will be bands like Tool, Megadeth (all the other usuals including slayer) and much cleaner stuff like R.E.M and Hendrix.

My current setup is:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall 10w Amp

My budget is roughly £140, I'd like to have some sort of amplification emulation like the pod xt and boss do, but also good quality effects and the ability to make my own.

The few pedals I am interested after looking at so far are:

Korg Ax3000g
Floor Pod

As they are both around my budget, only thing I'm not so sure is how good the amp models are on the Korg, I mean, it has the ability to make your own presets, but I'm not sure if the floor pod can do that. Out of those two? which one would you buy? And are there any other pedals you'd recommend for my budget line?

Thanks for your upcoming replies.
Last edited by mansoor.h at Oct 13, 2007,
I think you should probably save up for a new amp to be honest...

But I would go with the floor pod, or simply just start going for single effects pedals. It's usually better quality sound.
with £140, I'd say sell your amp, buy a Vox Valvetronix, buy seperate pedals of whatever you find isn't on the Vox that you want

EDIT: i saw you listed metal bands, maybe a Roland Cube rather than Vox VT
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Ok so It's fair to say that with my current amp, a multi effects pedal wouldn't be worth it. My local guitar shop recommended me to get something like a Spider III 30w, I wasn't so sure about it. Your opinions?
cube/vox > spider.

they are so much better
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Yeah, new amp is the best idea. I suggest you try out all the different mfx pedals in your budget range, I love my Zoom G2.1U.
Quote by mansoor.h
Ok so It's fair to say that with my current amp, a multi effects pedal wouldn't be worth it. My local guitar shop recommended me to get something like a Spider III 30w, I wasn't so sure about it. Your opinions?

Do not make that mistake. There are amps that do the same thing a lot better for the same price or cheaper. For more metal stuff, the Roland Cube could work.

Or maybe if you really really want, you could start saving up for a nice tube amp, but at this point I guess it's not totally necessary.
Zoom for cheap and good multi. Cube for metal and you don't need the multi. Best sound: tube combo and analog stomp boxes.
Most of the "economy" multi pedals dont do a good job of much. They are usually pretty limited on the settings you can change. Most of the settings are simply 1-10. And the eq takes a while to get right. I was using it for a volume pedal and tuner but has a habit of boosting things to much. The master volume resets everytime you unplug it.