i love the blues but i think its time i learn a different style. i want to learn stuff like symphony x! where do i start and what techniques do i need to learn and master

thanks
...Allman Brothers For Life...
the best thing to go from blues is metal, since metal is blues with attitude
first thing i guess is learn pin ch harmonics, tremolo picking, if you have a floyd rose/locking trem, learn harmonic squeals, if you're good enough learn sweep picking

and most of all learn to headbang
i say start off with some zakk wylde stuff if you're new to metal, he's very blues/classical inspired
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
What scales do you know? I bet the melodic/harmonic/natural minor scales would be good for that kind of music.

That Michael Romeo dude is crazy with his tapping so if you can play that then you're awesome and a hell of a lot better than i am.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Millenium
hahahah...hah...aha....

It used to be, it rarely is these days. Judas Priest took the blues out of metal. After Sabbath made heavy scary blues. (lol)
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by Millenium
hahahah...hah...aha....

you must not listen to real metal,only crap "metalcore" fags with tight pants
tune all the guitars to E, take out the chugs, and you pretty much have blues
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Transcribe and analyze. If you like stuff that symphony X is doing, learn the song by your ear, and tab/notate it all out. Then, analyze Romeo's style, technique, tricks, etc. I do know that he uses odd note groupings in his soloing (ex: quintuplets) though.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by bluesrocker101
Transcribe and analyze. If you like stuff that symphony X is doing, learn the song by your ear, and tab/notate it all out. Then, analyze Romeo's style, technique, tricks, etc. I do know that he uses odd note groupings in his soloing (ex: quintuplets) though.

Yep. If you want to learn a new style, it makes sense to listen to it and pull out what you can from it