Page 1 of 3
OK whats with this random outburst of ron paul madness crap? i dont know who he is but i guess hes a candidate for president now or soemthing? ya uh... so why is he the man? every1 talks about how godly he is but no1 explains why he would be a good candidate..?
He is running for president and here is something about him:

Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.
I think he is the man too, but this probably belongs in the political thread...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
God I'm so sick of seeing all the Ron Paul stuff. He seems ok, but this Ron Paul internet revolution is just ridiculous.
Quote by Dankfish

He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

This could be a very bad thing depending on your views.
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
Quote by LiquidTension99
God I'm so sick of seeing all the Ron Paul stuff. He seems ok, but this Ron Paul internet revolution is just ridiculous.

You're a moron.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I love Ron Paul.

He wants to end the War on Drugs.

Finally a man with common sense.
the only thing i can see bad about him is hes "pro-life" but i don't care as it doesn't effect me
Ron Paul seems by far the best candidate now. He isn't against illegal immigration like the other candidates, which is good, he wants to lower taxes and potentially get rid of the IRS, he wants everyone to get jobs, he is against the Iraq War, among many other awesome things about him. This seems a lot better than say Hillary Clinton for example that wants to take away the right for humans to defend themselves and give everyone health insurance.
Quote by druids70
Ron Paul seems by far the best candidate now. He isn't against illegal immigration like the other candidates, which is good, he wants to lower taxes and potentially get rid of the IRS, he wants everyone to get jobs, he is against the Iraq War, among many other awesome things about him. This seems a lot better than say Hillary Clinton for example that wants to take away the right for humans to defend themselves and give everyone health insurance.

Eh, I'll disagree with you about how bad Hilary is on the health insurance thing. We're spending so much in Iraq right now, it would be more wise to take some of that money and put it in health care for the American people. And we need to stop hiring out to Bush's cronies like Halliburton and Blackwater ,who are profiting of this war, to do the things that the Army gets paid to do in Iraq, put that money towards paying the military and actually restructuring Iraq.

Sorry, had to rant there. He also wants to get rid of the CIA, Department of Homeland Security, and Department of Education. I forget what the argument for getting rid of the CIA was, but we did just fine without Homeland Security, and I believe he wants to leave education standards to the states. Someone might want to correct me on that if I'm wrong.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Eh, I'll disagree with you about how bad Hilary is on the health insurance thing. We're spending so much in Iraq right now, it would be more wise to take some of that money and put it in health care for the American people. And we need to stop hiring out to Bush's cronies like Halliburton and Blackwater ,who are profiting of this war, to do the things that the Army gets paid to do in Iraq, put that money towards paying the military and actually restructuring Iraq.

Sorry, had to rant there. He also wants to get rid of the CIA, Department of Homeland Security, and Department of Education. I forget what the argument for getting rid of the CIA was, but we did just fine without Homeland Security, and I believe he wants to leave education standards to the states. Someone might want to correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Yea health insurance for everyone isn't a bad thing but I think it is something that can wait until we aren't so far in debt, because it will cost a ton.
I think Ron Paul is the best candidate from the Republican Party, but I disagree with him on some things.

Ideally, I want Obama in office. I agree with his views 100%.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by druids70
Yea health insurance for everyone isn't a bad thing but I think it is something that can wait until we aren't so far in debt, because it will cost a ton.

Can't argue with that.

Although I'm torn in between Obama and Ron Paul...I'm more of a Democrat, but Ron Paul just makes so much sense, it's not even funny.
Quote by scarfacesuit
I think Ron Paul is the best candidate from the Republican Party, but I disagree with him on some things.

Ideally, I want Obama in office. I agree with his views 100%.

Yayyyy

Ron Paul does have some ideas I agree with but I think he's a bit too radical to actually win the 08 election.
Ron Paul is legendary. I loved when the candidates in the recent debate got asked "would you go to war without the approval of Congress?". All of them said stuff like "I'll do whatever it takes to protect the American people... consult lawyers as to the legal ramifications of whatever actions... etc. etc.". Ron Paul said, basically:

"All this crap about "consulting lawyers"... why don't we just open the constitution and READ it. You're not ALLOWED to go to war without approval. All this stuff about imminent threats... yes, if there's an imminent threat then the situation is different, but this country hasn't faced an imminent threat in it's history... the idea that we have been is war propaganda"

rocking
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Ron Paul is the only candidate not backed by big corporations (which is why he's much bigger on the internet than on tv, the corporations that control the media don't want him as a competitor). He wants to get rid of the federal reserve and the income tax. Even though I disagree with most of his conservative views, I think he's the best candidate. Oh, and don't we have an "only politics" thread?
Quote by LiquidTension99

No, I think it's fantastic. He is far and away the best Republican candidate and seems to be the only politician on either side of the USA who values freedom.

The closest thing the USA has to one of the Founding Fathers.

Hope he wins actually.

Ron Paul 08.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
He's got some great views, but wtf is with him trying to get rid of the CIA?
Ron Paul has as much chance of winning the presidency as my cat.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by RearyGay
He's got some great views, but wtf is with him trying to get rid of the CIA?

I don't think he wants to get rid of the CIA completely, but wants to change how it is run. He wants it to gather intelligence like it supposed to. Not have covert assassinations, train terrorists in other countries, secret operations, torture, secret prison camps, etc..

He thinks we spend to much on CIA and it is completely inefficient. Like, they knew about 9/11 evidence, but didn't stop it.
Quote by Doofag
I don't think he wants to get rid of the CIA completely, but wants to change how it is run. He wants it to gather intelligence like it supposed to. Not have covert assassinations, train terrorists in other countries, secret operations, torture, secret prison camps, etc..

He thinks we spend to much on CIA and it is completely inefficient. Like, they knew about 9/11 evidence, but didn't stop it.

Sounds reasonable.

And he wants to end the war on drugs.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I can't believe he is a Republican. I would hope he wins but it probably isn't likely.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by daft
I can't believe he is a Republican. I would hope he wins but it probably isn't likely.

Yeah, it'd be cool to have him win, but the whole "Bush is a Republican, so this guy probably sucks, as well."

A lot of people need to step off the Democrat bandwagon, sure they may have some legitimacy, but it seems that people just see Republicans as Fox News and Bush.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by PatchworkMan

PatchworkMan's Cat '08!
Quote by paintITblack39
Yeah, it'd be cool to have him win, but the whole "Bush is a Republican, so this guy probably sucks, as well."

A lot of people need to step off the Democrat bandwagon, sure they may have some legitimacy, but it seems that people just see Republicans as Fox News and Bush.

I think it's unlikely that anyone prone to voting Democrat will support Ron Paul, even though he isn't your average Republican.

Oscar Wilde
^Exactly.

I just base my views on whether they're liberal, moderate, or conservative. I can care less about being a Democrat or a Republican.
Sent from my iPad.
he was a libertarien, which while you're in that group you get basically 0 funding from anyone and have 0% chance of anyone at all hearing what you have to say. I think in one perspective choosing republican was a good idea(all the rest of the republican candidates suck and are obvious bush-a-likes like guliani), but then again, if he chose democrat he might get more votes from the liberals. I like how he wants to try to give the federal government less power, and more power to the states. He believes things like gay marriage, abortion, ect shouldn't be chosen by one man's beliefs, they should be decided state by state.

He's definatly the best candidate in my opinion, but too many people are already persuaded just by stupid crap like obama-girl music video's(including my dumb sister who just went to college)
if hilary wins i wanna move to canada..lol
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by PatchworkMan

Why, what policy platform does your cat have? I'm afraid that, being British, I just haven't been paying as much attention to the race as I should have.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
I think Ron Paul can win.

I got my signs and flyers and paint markers ready.
Quote by suffer some
Why, what policy platform does your cat have? I'm afraid that, being British, I just haven't been paying as much attention to the race as I should have.
He opposes our increasing reliance on agricultural imports, and might even go so far as to call for tariffs on such products coming from China. He supports universal healthcare and advocates the death penalty for people who mess with his paws.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Doofag
I think Ron Paul can win.

I got my signs and flyers and paint markers ready.

He has technically won five out of the six Republican debates held so far. I think he might get the Republican nomination. Whether he'll win, I wouldn't know. I mean, he even has some liberal newspapers calling him legit.

I (as an underaged person who cannot vote) just hope, as of now at least, that the person who is elected president, doesn't run this country to ****.
Sent from my iPad.
I like Ron Paul, but I don't think he's the right guy this time around. This is not going to be a one-party dominated Congress like Bush had for most of his time in the White House; the only way the next President is going to get anything done is if he's willing to work with the other side. Paul is a hardline conservative; he won't give liberal solutions to the deficit or the economy a second look.

Of the GOP candidates, Giuliani is the most moderate and McCain has the best record of willingness to cooperate with the other side of the aisle. I think the GOP knows this, and will nominate one of these two.
Death to Ovation haters!
Ron Paul is a failure.

Here is a picture of Ron Paul not killing Ronald Reagan:

That's really all you need to know.

If that isn't enough:

Ron Paul Hates You

International Relations: Like crackpot paleoconservatives everywhere, Paul wants us out of the United Nations, which is just a bunch of un-American non-Americans out to destroy America. Darfur is also filled with non-Americans, so you certainly won't find Ron Paul lifting a finger to stop the genocide, or even acknowledge that genocide is taking place. I guess that's why he's one of only four members of Congress to receive an "F" rating on Darfur from the Genocide Intervention Network.

Abortion: Ron Paul's "libertarianism" famously does not extend to the right of a woman to control her body. In February he introduced H.R. 1094, "[t]o provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception." He voted against overriding Bush's veto of the stem cell bill.

The Environment: Ron Paul may be a Republican, but he's certainly not a Republican for Environmental Protection. That fine organization gave Paul a shameful 17 percent rating on its most recent Congressional Scorecard.

Immigration:
Paul marches in lock-step with the xenophobic right wing on immigration, calling last month's compromise immigration bill "a compromise of our laws, a compromise of our sovereignty, and a compromise of the Second Amendment." Yet even the hardcore nativists in the immigration debate have been hesitant to support repealing birthright citizenship as enshrined in the Fourteenth Amendment, as Paul has done.

Civil Rights:
Paul doesn't much care for ensuring your right to vote. Like when he voted with just 32 other members of Congress against reauthorizing the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Or when he voted for the bogus "Federal Election Integrity Act" voter suppression bill.

Church-State Separation: From keeping "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance to co-sponsoring the school prayer amendment to keeping the Ten Commandments on a courthouse lawn, this "strict constitutionalist" isn't a big fan of the Constitutionally-mandated separation of church and state.

Screw this; this diary's way too long already. Worker rights: Voted to defund OSHA's ergonomics rules. Voted against increasing mine safety standards. Hates unions. Campaign finance reform: Opposes. Social Security and Medicare: Repeats the Republicans' lies about the programs' solvency. Consumer protection: Voted for the bankruptcy bill. Voted to make it harder to file class-action lawsuits. Universal health care: don't make me laugh. Privatizing everything: the Internets are not large enough to hold all the citations.

Ron Paul is a dangerous crackpot. Kay?
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Can someone explain Ron Paul's stance with today's currency and the gold standard?
I like him and everything but I hate the constant Ron Paul fellatio.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
look at it this way.

we could have it so much better. ron paul is the only true canidate. the one that isn't bought and sold. the one that DIDNT VOTE FOR THE IRAQ WAR. which was for $$$$ in the first place. look at Gulianni, "i lived through 9/11", an event that may( and i say may because im not a crazy conspiracy theorist that says it is for sure) have actually been caused by the government to get citizens on its side to justify a war. and look at him use the term, "terrorism" a definiton that actually describes what the USA is doing right now.

be4 u write off Ron Paul as a crazy crackpot. myabe hes the only sane one and everyone is so used to the way things are and are blinded by the illusions.

also look up what the Federal Reserve is and how it works

personally the reason im supporting Ron Paul is im an advocate of the book The Secret. Ron Paul has it right when he says "The only way to stop drug use is to get rid of the drug laws". now to the average person theyd say "thats crazy everyone would be on drugs because its legal" but actually there would be less drug use,because when u oppose something it only creates more. anti-crime makes more crime, anti terrorism creates more terrorism, antiwar makes more war. thats why people wont vote Ron Paul, they see whats in front of them not beyond it. but thats just my personal opinion not tryin to piss anyone off
Quote by Meths
I think it's unlikely that anyone prone to voting Democrat will support Ron Paul, even though he isn't your average Republican.

I am very prone to voting democrat as you say but if I thought someone like Ron Paul (the best man for the job) could actually get elected I would vote for him. But it seems that the voters of this country are so easily thrown off the scent of the real deal he will not stand a chance. Maybe if he starts ending every comment with, god bless America he could improve his standing. </sarcasm>
Page 1 of 3