What is the fundamental differences between a 210 Taylor and a 410?

I am looking at a 210 new with pickup for 825 and a used 410 for 1000. Both have a great tone (obviously) but the 410 might sound just a bit fuller. If I get the 210 ill have some cash left over to get a blues driver for the strat so what do you guys think?
The new 200 series from taylor features laminate sides and back, while the 400s series has solid ovangkol sides and backs. The sound from the 410 would be much better than the sound from the 210, and I would have serious problems paying 825 for an instrument that is not all solid wood.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^ +1

laminate models by Taylor = not a good idear.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Go for the 410. I've played both (own the 110), anything 3-- to 9-- is better than 1-- and 2--, period.
yeah, 210 has laminate sides and still costs a lot of money.
Go 410
I was just in your situation. Paying in my shop 750 for something with laminate sides...even at my level where I wouldn't notice a *tremendous* difference in sound, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I liked the sound out of the 210, but laminate sides...couldn't do it. I think I'm ending up with an alvarez md95 instead (beautiful and all solid wood), but still, go with solid wood. You're paying anything over 800$ for a guitar, you better get solid wood all around.
I got a 214 when they were still all solid and it sounds absolutely beautiful. Personally I would shell out the extra cash for a 14 model, dreadnoughts just don't do it for me
^ They old 214 is an awesome guitar....its too bad they switched to laminates on them.

Gear:
Quote by Twevo
I got a 214 when they were still all solid and it sounds absolutely beautiful. Personally I would shell out the extra cash for a 14 model, dreadnoughts just don't do it for me

Personally I'm not a fan of Taylor dreadnoughts. My other guitar is a dreadnought and i love the look and feel of it, but for some reason, Taylors just look really boxy and rectangular or something.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by roamingbard13
^ They old 214 is an awesome guitar....its too bad they switched to laminates on them.

when did they make that switch??

to the threadstarter: go with the 4 series.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
They redid the entire bottom half of their line...I'm assuming it had something to do with making their guitars more accessible to the average buyer, but I really don't know.

Gear:
Don't buy new, watch ebay and get the 410.

Within the past two weeks, I compaired the two side by side and they play close but sound different. The 410 was way more pleasing to the ear. I think that if you looked around, you could find something else that sounded better in the 210 price range. I hate to admit it by my friend went for a Yamaha because the money was burning a hole in his pocket(it did sound better than the 210.

If you have a guitar now, slow down, look around and something alway pops up worth waiting for at the price you can afford. I will never buy new again.
Quote by b_rad2cool
Don't buy new, watch ebay and get the 410.

I will never buy a guitar off ebay again but thanks for the avice from everyon, i went with the more expensive 410 and im loving it.

Gonna go jam now...peace
Congratulations!
I want one too... come on, spread the love and buy me on too.

But yeah, I'm not convinced on buying guitars off ebay, i mean I would never buy a guitar from an online store, let alone second hand from some random on ebay...
Small things are Ok, but not guitars.