okay, so the time is coming around soon for me to get my first car. i have about a thousand for the car, and i can put my insurance on my dads company, so I can sort insurance for most cars. now I have a few choices already.

i can use my dads old mondeo. its a 2000 salon model, 1.8 litre, petrol.

ive also looked at a £900 used audi A4. 1.8 litre, desiel, 1996 model, but it is road damaged. just some denting by one of the back lights. it doesnt really bother me.

and lastly a good condition 1998 volkswagen polo, 1.6 litre, petrol, 120,000 miles £700

i've been told that the audi would be the best quality engine but to not put to much faith in that legendary german reliability as alot of uk cars are just as good.
basically im after reliable and the best quality i can get for the price. so any suggestions, or anything i should look out for appreciated
Audi
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Even if you get it insured on company insurance, a bigger, more powerful car will still cost more to insure, but if your dad is happy to pay for it then fair enough.

Still, I'd go for the polo :P
Get the Audi. Audi is VW owned, so your guaranteed cool. Is it a turbo diesel or N/A?

Even with it being a newer car, I'd still rock it.

Oh, and this is the only polo you should ever drive:

It's my car with a more slanted hatch.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Seriously i'm in the same situation but I have about £1000 and i'm looking for a used Ford KA or VW polo. I'm leaned towards the KA as they can be found pretty cheap but for quality you wont go far wrong with the Polo.

Red Polo FTW
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
I bought my first car at the end of the summer... it's a 2000 Saturn SL2 and it's the greatest thing I've ever put my money into. The car is ultimately a piece of ****, but performs every time. You can kick the **** out of this thing and still get where you need to go, plus it doesn't look too bad and it's ridiculously good on gas.

But as for you, I'd say to probably go for the Audi.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Quote by Ehh
Get the Audi. Audi is VW owned, so your guaranteed cool. Is it a turbo diesel or N/A?

Even with it being a newer car, I'd still rock it.

Oh, and this is the only polo you should ever drive:

It's my car with a more slanted hatch.

na not turbo diesel. i dont think i'll be pushing it much so i dont think it matters to much.
the polos do look a reasonable price. are they ok ? better than the fiats and minis and corsas and stuff most people have for first cars ? my friend has a mini and i cant stand it. its shaky, to low, and theres a shudder on the gear change. and when its going fourty you can hear how hard the engines having to work.
An old skool Ford Capri Reeks cool, go for one o those.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Kiffa
An old skool Ford Capri Reeks cool, go for one o those.

yeah, they are cool but im sure they arent a wise bet insurance wise. I know very little about cars but il try to be of assistance.

The Audi looks the best bet here, due to the fact theyre good looking cars for thier age and its probably safer than the polo. However, fuel economy and insurance probably favour well into the polos range. I havent got a scooby on the reliability front. But put this way, my great aunt's last two cars were a 1997 polo (no power steering was her main complaint, it did break down a few times in its latter years, but ive seen it running around locally still) and a 2002 Polo (no problems as of yet).

It your choice though, whatever you think will serve you well in the long run you should go for.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
get the audi
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Go for the Audi...my car is a toyota camry 5speed. Its reliable as all hell and always works. haha

I wanted an audi A4 like a 2001 1.8 liter turbo that would be sweet..5speed of course.
go for the free one
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.