Hey.
I picked up skateboarding this week, and finally got the riding fully under control.
Although I want to start with tricks now, and I have no idea where to begin and how.
I tried to figure out jumping by myself, without succes.
So, anyone knows any good tricks to start with, and how to do them?

And if someone could tell me how to exactly make fast turns that would be great too, what I do now is to lift the front truck a bit, and make small steps.

learn the ollie first, then try shovits, get them down well, move onto kickflips.
oh and lifting up the front truck is the right way to turn but make sure you lean the way your turning otherwise you'll end up on your face.
Start with the ollie. Always.

have your back foot on the end of the tail, and your front foot about halfway down the board. Then kick down hard with your back foot so the board flicks up. Then slide your front foot down the board so it levels it out. tada. you have the ollie
Quote by zonko_zulio
learn the ollie first, then try shovits, get them down well, move onto kickflips.
oh and lifting up the front truck is the right way to turn but make sure you lean the way your turning otherwise you'll end up on your face.

Cheers, glad I got the turning right.
Does it matter with what feet you have in front?
And... How to do the tricks?

Quote by devilscruffs14
Start with the ollie. Always.

have your back foot on the end of the tail, and your front foot about halfway down the board. Then kick down hard with your back foot so the board flicks up. Then slide your front foot down the board so it levels it out. tada. you have the ollie

Cheers for the info, I think I can get that right.
go to google and search"how to ollie" or something...that would work, they aren't hard
If you can't turn too well you should probably work on that before tricks. I remember when i first started skateboarding and i spent like 2 weeks working on my balance, stopping, turning, etc.

For sharp turns do exactly what you said (lift front wheels up) but swing your shoulders to the direction you're turning and turn your front foot in that direction too (your foot should naturally want to turn). Try not to turn too quick if you haven't gotten your balance yet or you will definetly fall. Once you get good you could probably do that sharp turn in the time it takes the small steps you do now.

Once you get good at turns, stopping, and all that good stuff a good first trick would be a pop shove-it (maybe an ollie). Everyone learns differently. I learned pop shoves before ollies and heelflips before kickflips. I think it's personal preference.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Keep in mind, tricks take time, once you get your ollies down and kickflips etc. everything else after that is easy. Don't give up!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni