hi mates,
i bought a used yamaha bass, brown sg shaped, somehow jack bruce like, but not exactly. can't find any information on that model in the web. is there anyone out there who knows something?
thanks in advance
detlef
pics?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
That is a Yamaha BB. The active four string version, from the looks of it. Nice bass.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
i dont like yamaha

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by Narcotics
i dont like yamaha

Relevance?
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
well i played it and it sounds good. that's enough reason for me! and the price was all right! still i would like to learn more.
Edit: Woops.
Quote by skater dan0
pics?

how do i post a picture? i'm a complete idiot in handling forums, hehe!
Quote by target1000
how do i post a picture? i'm a complete idiot in handling forums, hehe!

Upload your images to somewhere like Imageshack.

Find the URL of the picture, and slap it between (Invalid img) tags without any spaces. Presto, one picture.

There's also a "manage attachments" button below the reply box here to upload straight to UG.
Hi, I know this thread is from a very long time ago, but I can tell you that I have one of these basses. It's called a Yamaha SB-35 and was only produced between 1972-75. It's 31.5 inch scale, body made from Katsura, neck from Maple, Rosewood fingerboard, single pickup, one volume one tone. If you are lucky enough not to have sold it, I can tell you that they are as rare as Rocking Horse S**t. Even old Yamaha catalogues don't list them. I have all my information direct from a Yamaha rep that used to work for them during the 70's. The weird bit about its value is, that it's so rare that peopld have never heard of them and no realistic value can be put on them. I have seen then odd one (and I mean odd one) go for a couple of hundred quid, which for it's build and rarety is rediculous. I have no intention of selling mine as I think its quite remarkable as a short scale bass. If I ever see any for sale again at silly low money, I'll jump on them as an investment.
Last edited by umpdv5000 at Aug 20, 2015,
That's a sweet bass, but please refrain from reviving long dead threads. This one hasn't been active in 8 years.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass