Page 1 of 2
Cannabis (marijuana, pot, grass, weed, joints, spliff, hashish, blow) is a hallucinogen[...]

Just one joint per week or even once a month will ensure a permanent presence of THC

I love this article!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
ah why is the world so corrupt. Greens only illegal because the tobacco companies were losing too much money....

edit: you cant get physically addicted from THC. That statement invalidates the whole website.
Last edited by yam at Oct 13, 2007,
We have these posters up in college with pictures of people and then photos of body parts above them which shows what happens when you smoke, drink and smoke weed. The weed poster is just this black guy with his eyes half shut and such a mellowed out expression on his face it always makes me laugh.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
usually smoked with or without tobacco

The alternative to those two being ... ?
Sperm production is decreased.

Completely untrue.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

I smoked one joint and I murdered my family, dropped out of college, and suck dick for crack.
Jesus, what a load of bull****.

We need to revolt. We need to show them who's boss.

Well, I'm off to get myself physically addicted to THC, decrease my sperm count and hallucinate a bit.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by blue_strat

not smoked.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
(Airline pilots on flight simulators could not ‘land’ their planes properly even 24 hours and more after a joint and had no idea anything was wrong.)

damn i gotsa get me some of what the airline pilots are smokin =]

Cannabis psychosis has been reported in scientific papers for decades. Cannabis causes far more mental illness than drugs like heroin

jajajaja

i want to flame theese people they didnt give an email =[

EDIT:
usually smoked with or without tobacco

jaja there's also that 5th dimention when you can smoke ganja without it being there but with it being there at the same time..
Last edited by Spitz13 at Oct 13, 2007,
When will they learn that no one takes these biased articles seriously?

I've never once been depressed as a result of smoking pot, and I've never smoked pot as a result of depression.
DISPELL RUMOURS MUCH!?

"An intoxicant, like alcohol, so people should not be driving. If you have a joint today you should not be driving tomorrow. (Airline pilots on flight simulators could not ‘land’ their planes properly even 24 hours and more after a joint and had no idea anything was wrong.)"

Wrong. The full-on effects diminish after 4 hours maximum.

"One 20mg joint has the same effect as being just over the legal alcohol-driving limit. The combination of cannabis and alcohol is 16 times more dangerous when driving than taking either drug alone."

Wrong. Studies have shown proved that unless excessive amounts are taken, drivers have shown no signs of imparity on their driving.

"Just one joint per week or even once a month will ensure a permanent presence of THC. Since the other neurotransmitters are affected, new nerve connections cannot be made properly. Concentration, learning and memory are all badly affected. School grades fall, some students miss out on university places. A cannabis personality develops. Users become inflexible, can’t plan their days properly, can’t take criticism and struggle to express themselves. They feel lonely, miserable and misunderstood. Apathy, unmotivation and dropping out are all common."

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong. One joint isn't going to impair your memory. As I said previously, the full on effects of weed diminish after 4 hours. Your short term memory is affected while your are high/intoxicated, as long as you don't smoke it all day every day, your memory after the effects wear off won't be affected. And as long as you don't suffer already from a mental illness ie. psychosis and you are not a schizophrenic, contrast to what this page is saying, you will not develop this so-called "cannabis personality" that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

"Few children, using cannabis even occasionally, will achieve their full potential.

" So what they are saying, is that the entire population within Holland that use cannabis are failures? Somehow, I don't think so."

"Psychological addiction, the craving for cannabis is very strong.

Physical addiction occurs. As more and more THC is consumed, more receptor sites are made, tolerance builds as more THC is needed to get the same effect. All the receptor sites need to be satisfied, this is physical addiction. Withdrawal symptoms are not so dramatic as they are for heroin as THC persists in the body. More young people now are treated in the USA for marijuana than alcohol dependence.

There is no foolproof cure for any type of addiction."

Wrong. Cannabis contains no physical dependencies. The only case where it might be addictive, is if you have a very addictive personality and you don't do very much except sitting around getting stoned all the time. Which even then for most people isn't hard to stop. Put simply, it's as addictive as a video game.. which for a few people. who play video games all day every day and have no active social life can be addictive. For most others however, can go without playing video games 24/7.

Cannabis psychosis has been reported in scientific papers for decades. Cannabis causes far more mental illness than drugs like heroin.

"The increased risk factors for psychosis, anxiety, and depression range from 3 to 5. Schizophrenia is triggered or worsened by its use, it may even be caused. Cannabis increases the amount of the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain. Schizophrenics have an excess of dopamine in the brain, sufferers of Parkinson’s disease, too little. "

I've already gone over this, but as I stated it does NOT cause psychosis, if someone is born with psychosis, it MAY cause it to trigger early. Just like alcohol does. Which is legal I may add. Also, researches have shown that Cannabis has actually shown to be effective at TREATING Parkinson's disease. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/303438.stm +
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6338173.stm

"One in four of us carries a faulty gene which controls the release of dopamine. If a child inherits a copy of the gene from each parent, and if they then use cannabis, the chance that she/he will develop schizophrenia rises from 1 or 2%, the norm in the population, to 15%). The presence of one gene increases the risk by 5 to 6 times."

I can't find evidence for this atm , but I know the chance of this developing certainly is NOT 1 in 4.

"Cannabis contains more cancer-causing substances than tobacco, its smoke deposits three to four times as much tar in the lungs and airways. Cases of lung cancer, bronchitis and emphysema have been reported"

Tobacco by far contains much more chemicals causing cancer than in cannabis, and also cannabis is NOT smoked as often as tobacco would be. Occasional users who use it once or twice a week certainly will not be at risk to more cancer-causing chemicals than a cigarette, seeing as the average smoker can go through more than 10 cigarettes per day. Ever heard of hash cookies/brownies/firecrackers etc.? They can be eaten, that dispells many of these chemicals. Also smoking through water filters out all the carcinogens and using a vaporiser also does this. And, believe it or not, cannabis has actually been proven by researches to fight against cancerous cells and leukaemia. -

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/news/newsrelease.php?news_id=175

"Cannabis contains around 400 chemicals."

Wrong, only 200 of these chemicals have been found and there are various ways to dispell them. Ever heard of hash cookies/brownies/firecrackers etc.? They can be eaten, that dispells many of these chemicals. Also smoking through water filters out all the carcinogens and using a vaporiser also does this.

"Synthetic purified THC, Nabilone, (Marinol in USA) is already available on hospital prescription but has many side-effects and is not popular among doctors."

Wrong, many MANY doctors are in favor of legializing marijuana to use for treatment among patients. - http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/medical/

"Tobacco, alcohol and cannabis can all act as gateway drugs. A recent New Zealand study showed that weekly cannabis users were 60 times more likely to progress to “harder” drugs. The more they use, the greater the risk.

"Almost 100% of heroin users started on pot. New research suggests that cannabis can “prime” the brain for the use of other drugs. "

This also comes under the mental addiction. With a little thing called SELF-CONTROL and MODERATION one can think to themselves, "Wow, this pot is good, and I know it's not as bad for me as the feds say it is...Hey! Maybe it's the same for heroin!" You have your own duty to research these drugs yourself and fight the ignorance! Research all these drugs before deciding to use them, obviously heroin is going to be lethal to you, likewise with many other drugs. Think and research first. - http:///www.erowid.com < Fight the Ignorance. Come Visit us in the UG Official Drug Thread for more advice.

"Today’s specially bred varieties from Holland such as skunk and nederweed, have THC contents of anything from 9-27%. These strong types are now commonly grown in the UK and are thought to account for 60% of the cannabis consumed here."

Awesome, we spend less, we smoke less, everybody wins.

"More and more employers are testing for drugs in the workplace – cannabis will show up for weeks, and a conviction would prevent someone from getting a visa for the USA."

No it wouldn't. So I was given a drug test and It proved positive for weed I would be denied from getting into the US? Somehow I'm not quite sure about that..

I welcome everyone to post anymore questions and evidence regarding this article
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Last edited by SamTotman at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by SamTotman
DISPELL RUMOURS MUCH!?

"An intoxicant, like alcohol, so people should not be driving. If you have a joint today you should not be driving tomorrow. (Airline pilots on flight simulators could not ‘land’ their planes properly even 24 hours and more after a joint and had no idea anything was wrong.)"

"One 20mg joint has the same effect as being just over the legal alcohol-driving limit. The combination of cannabis and alcohol is 16 times more dangerous when driving than taking either drug alone."

Wrong. Studies have shown proved that unless excessive amounts are taken, drivers have shown no signs of imparity on their driving.

"Just one joint per week or even once a month will ensure a permanent presence of THC. Since the other neurotransmitters are affected, new nerve connections cannot be made properly. Concentration, learning and memory are all badly affected. School grades fall, some students miss out on university places. A cannabis personality develops. Users become inflexible, can’t plan their days properly, can’t take criticism and struggle to express themselves. They feel lonely, miserable and misunderstood. Apathy, unmotivation and dropping out are all common."

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong. One joint isn't going to impair your memory. As I said previously, the full on effects of weed diminish after 4 hours. Your short term memory is affected while your are high/intoxicated, as long as you don't smoke it all day every day, your memory after the effects wear off won't be affected. And as long as you don't suffer already from a mental illness ie. psychosis and you are not a schizophrenic, contrast to what this page is saying, you will not develop this so-called "cannabis personality" that has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

"Few children, using cannabis even occasionally, will achieve their full potential." So what they are saying, is that the entire population within Holland that use cannabis are failures? Somehow, I don't think so."

"Psychological addiction, the craving for cannabis is very strong.

Physical addiction occurs. As more and more THC is consumed, more receptor sites are made, tolerance builds as more THC is needed to get the same effect. All the receptor sites need to be satisfied, this is physical addiction. Withdrawal symptoms are not so dramatic as they are for heroin as THC persists in the body. More young people now are treated in the USA for marijuana than alcohol dependence.

There is no foolproof cure for any type of addiction."

Wrong. Cannabis contains no physical dependencies. The only case where it might be addictive, is if you have a very addictive personality and you don't do very much except sitting around getting stoned all the time. Which even then for most people isn't hard to stop. Put simply, it's as addictive as a video game.. which for a few people. who play video games all day every day and have no active social life can be addictive. For most others however, can go without playing video games 24/7.

Cannabis psychosis has been reported in scientific papers for decades. Cannabis causes far more mental illness than drugs like heroin.

"The increased risk factors for psychosis, anxiety, and depression range from 3 to 5. Schizophrenia is triggered or worsened by its use, it may even be caused. Cannabis increases the amount of the neurotransmitter dopamine in the brain. Schizophrenics have an excess of dopamine in the brain, sufferers of Parkinson’s disease, too little. "

I've already gone over this, but as I stated it does NOT cause psychosis, if someone is born with psychosis, it MAY cause it to trigger early. Just like alcohol does. Which is legal I may add. Also, researches have shown that Cannabis has actually shown to be effective at TREATING Parkinson's disease. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/303438.stm +
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6338173.stm

"One in four of us carries a faulty gene which controls the release of dopamine. If a child inherits a copy of the gene from each parent, and if they then use cannabis, the chance that she/he will develop schizophrenia rises from 1 or 2%, the norm in the population, to 15%). The presence of one gene increases the risk by 5 to 6 times."

I can't find evidence for this atm , but I know the chance of this developing certainly is NOT 1 in 4.

"Cannabis contains more cancer-causing substances than tobacco, its smoke deposits three to four times as much tar in the lungs and airways. Cases of lung cancer, bronchitis and emphysema have been reported"

Tobacco by far contains much more chemicals causing cancer than in cannabis, and also cannabis is NOT smoked as often as tobacco would be. Occasional users who use it once or twice a week certainly will not be at risk to more cancer-causing chemicals than a cigarette, seeing as the average smoker can go through more than 10 cigarettes per day. Ever heard of hash cookies/brownies/firecrackers etc.? They can be eaten, that dispells many of these chemicals. Also smoking through water filters out all the carcinogens and using a vaporiser also does this. And, believe it or not, cancer has actually been proven by researches to fight against cancerous cells and leukaemia. -

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/news/newsrelease.php?news_id=175

"Cannabis contains around 400 chemicals."

Wrong, only 200 of these chemicals have been found and there are various ways to dispell them. Ever heard of hash cookies/brownies/firecrackers etc.? They can be eaten, that dispells many of these chemicals. Also smoking through water filters out all the carcinogens and using a vaporiser also does this.

"Synthetic purified THC, Nabilone, (Marinol in USA) is already available on hospital prescription but has many side-effects and is not popular among doctors."

Wrong, many MANY doctors are in favor of legializing marijuana to use for treatment among patients. - http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/medical/

"Tobacco, alcohol and cannabis can all act as gateway drugs. A recent New Zealand study showed that weekly cannabis users were 60 times more likely to progress to “harder” drugs. The more they use, the greater the risk.

"Almost 100% of heroin users started on pot. New research suggests that cannabis can “prime” the brain for the use of other drugs. "

This also comes under the mental addiction. With a little thing called SELF-CONTROL and MODERATION one can think to themselves, "Wow, this pot is good, and I know it's not as bad for me as the feds say it is...Hey! Maybe it's the same for heroin!" You have your own duty to research these drugs yourself and fight the ignorance! Research all these drugs before deciding to use them, obviously heroin is going to be lethal to you, likewise with many other drugs. Think and research first. - http:///www.erowid.com < Fight the Ignorance. Come Visit us in the UG Official Drug Thread for more advice.

"Today’s specially bred varieties from Holland such as skunk and nederweed, have THC contents of anything from 9-27%. These strong types are now commonly grown in the UK and are thought to account for 60% of the cannabis consumed here."

Awesome, we spend less, we smoke less, everybody wins.

"More and more employers are testing for drugs in the workplace – cannabis will show up for weeks, and a conviction would prevent someone from getting a visa for the USA."

No it wouldn't. So I was given a drug test and It proved positive for weed I would be denied from getting into the US? Somehow I'm not quite sure about that..

I welcome everyone to post anymore questions and evidence regarding this article

That was quite an intelligent post.
Boy, if I was super human I would kill all drug dealers in the world. It's a plant, dont smoke it!
Quote by BDR_23
Boy, if I was super human I would kill all drug dealers in the world. It's a plant, dont smoke it!

Would you kill all the brewers too? Let's see, alcohol is a poison and it is not a natural product yet it can be used safely. Let's see, number of deaths as a result of alcohol poisoning.. - Thousands?

Number of deaths as a result of cannabis - None?

It's people like you i despise. You do no research of your own, you blindly follow what others tell you, and being their bitch you spew it back at out at everyone else. WEED IZ BAD COZ MY SKOOL TOLD ME SO, LOLOL!!11

Pathetic.
Gear

It's all I need.

Quote by SamTotman
Would you kill all the brewers too? Let's see, alcohol is a poison and it is not a natural product yet it can be used safely. Let's see, number of deaths as a result of alcohol poisoning.. - Thousands?

It's people like you i despise. You do no research of your own, you blindly follow what others tell you, and being their bitch you spew it back at out at everyone else. WEED IZ BAD COZ MY SKOOL TOLD ME SO, LOLOL!!11

Pathetic.

*high five*

well put, i was actually gonna put, if i was super human i would kill people like you, but then i thought someone would interpret it as a kill threat or something so i just refrained.. =]
Quote by SamTotman

Pathetic.

kudos for that post.
This is such a bull**** article. For starters the very opening statemaent uses wrong grammar "commonest" instead of most common. Already off to a bad start. Then they try to bring science into it an quote the lock and key hypothesis, which has been disproved for a number of years now, when talking about the neurones. Then they continue to tell us that it is smoked usually with or without tobacco... yeah, and what else are you going to smoke it with? I could go on but do not see the point in doing so.
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Quote by SamTotman
DISPELL RUMOURS MUCH!?

Full on effects might not be present, but there will still be effects. From personal experience, i wouldn't be able to drive as well after 4 hours from a less than excessive amount.
Quote by Tombe
Shut your noise, I was 18 when I had mine. About 30 seconds later the girl was sick on me. I'm not sure if the two events were related.
Better facts:

THC has been proven to reduce the risk of cancer.

Marijuana does not effect your decision making/ability to drive a vehicle.

The only bad thing about it is that smoke is still entering your lungs.

^ I don't smoke weed either.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Sorry, just had to laugh at one more statement- "Just one joint per week or even once a month will ensure a permanent presence of THC". If both ensure a permanent presence of THC, why not just say once a month? Does it not make more sense, if the author is trying to dissaude people from taking cannabis, to say it this way, as the former way (in the article) simply makes people speculative. Seriously, did a 10 year old write this or did they just pick some illiterate tramp off the street and ask him what he thought of cannabis?
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Quote by Spitz13
i want to flame theese people they didnt give an email =[

I think this could be used to get in touch with them .
Quote by TehNez
Better facts:

THC has been proven to reduce the risk of cancer.

The only bad thing about it is that smoke is still entering your lungs.

^ I don't smoke weed either.

I smoke weed, and I can assure you It does affect driving ability.

Do not drive drunk OR high.
Quote by blue_strat

With stolen goods and the remains of our killing rampage victims. Because, you know, weed turns you into a psychopathic serial killer. It's been proven by out of date views and tabloids saying so plus there has been some murderers and schizophrenics who smoked weed so it's obviously cannabis' fault.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by dudetheman

Weed is not that bad for you. It doesn't make you stupid like everyone says, and it can't really damage your lungs any worse than a cigarette(and if you use a vaporizer or water bong, it won't do ANYTHING to your lungs). I always hear these parents saying "Weed made my kid stupid!".....they never stop to think that maybe their kid was a dumbass to begin with. Look at me, I smoke weed and I have a 3.8 GPA and take almost all AP classes.

It's only a gateway drug if you make it one. I personally will never touch anything but weed. I never have except once, and it was accidentally(I hit a joint laced with coke, and didn't know it. The trip was horrible, I don't see how anyone could enjoy that). Any irresponsible person can take weed and let it lead into worse things. Just like everything else in life, it takes some responsibility to handle it safely.

However, anything can be turned into something nasty if you over-do it. Weed it best in moderation. No one should ever be getting fried every day, or even every other day. Just like gambling, shopping, or anything else, it can go from fun to an addiction and get out of hand.

I made that post in another thread. Didn't feel like typing it again, so I quoted it.

Kudos to you, SamTotman.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i just thot about that whole "almost 100% of heroin users started with pot". wut if in addition to that .1% of pot users have used heroin.
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by Downfall929
i just thot about that whole "almost 100% of heroin users started with pot". wut if in addition to that .1% of pot users have used heroin.

Exactly. Just because most heroin users used cannabis, doesn't mean that as many people will begin to use heroin.

Quote by adamstartin
Full on effects might not be present, but there will still be effects. From personal experience, i wouldn't be able to drive as well after 4 hours from a less than excessive amount.

Strength also plays a large part. If you smoke weed which is very strong, you may still feel slight effects later. An important thing to remember is that some people are affected differently from weed. A certain amount might give someone real strong effects, and to another person, it might be very slight effects.

Quote by wannabe jesus
With stolen goods and the remains of our killing rampage victims. Because, you know, weed turns you into a psychopathic serial killer. It's been proven by out of date views and tabloids saying so plus there has been some murderers and schizophrenics who smoked weed so it's obviously cannabis' fault.

The tabloids are notorious for that. They had blamed cannabis for a countless amount of crimes and health issues until a lot of facts were uncovered, then they just looked at the ground and shuffled their feet.

Thanks to all those supporting this thread.
Gear

It's all I need.

Last edited by SamTotman at Oct 13, 2007,
"Mary Brett, Former Head of Health Education, Dr Challoner’s Grammar School (boys), Amersham, Bucks."

I can see why she's no longer in the job.

On a related note, I think this sums up drug hysteria perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0GxUxKZdHk
I think I will email her my thoughts.
Gear

It's all I need.

I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
That picture reminds me of the things the government used to say. Most notably, that it would make a white women attracted to a black man. One of the reasons why I don't listen to the government when it comes to drugs.
Gear

It's all I need.

Quote by SamTotman
That picture reminds me of the things the government used to say. Most notably, that it would make a white women attracted to a black man. One of the reasons why I don't listen to the government when it comes to drugs.

Yeah man, early 1900s propaganda. Gotta love that "Reefer Madness"!
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
Quote by etherealprince

I'm surprised I've not seen that one before.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by etherealprince
Yeah man, early 1900s propaganda. Gotta love that "Reefer Madness"!

I wanna see that movie soo bad. Even though I don't smoke lol. I've heard it's hilarious though.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by Doofag
I smoked one joint and I murdered my family, dropped out of college, and suck dick for crack.

R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
"Many pro-legalisers are users, or their children are.

Others are libertarians who think we should be able to do what we like with our bodies. That’s fine as long as it doesn’t interfere with anyone else. But stoned drivers can and do kill other people. Addicts and the mentally-ill need treatment at the taxpayers expense, stoned workers are inefficient and unproductive. And passive smoking does occur."

*Meths explodes in an apocalyptic fury*

What. The. Fuck. This is (presumably) written by ADULTS. Fucking idiots.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by TehNez

Wrongtastic. It lowers your reaction time and therefore significantly affects your ability to drive. And not in a positive way.

Quote by Downfall929

That and "almost 100% of heroin users" will have started with alcohol.

Quote by Doofag

Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 2