Hey, i have just starting tapping, and i have a couple of guitars, and i've noticed it's easier to do on one guitar than the other. Is this because of the larger scale length, and bigger fret spacing, or am i just imagining it?

Also, what amp/effect setting helps your tapping stand out? Any advice would be much appreciated.
guitars with hotter pickups will pick up the tapping easier than low output pickups. The scale length could be a part of it, but im not sure. The action is another thing that heavily influences it.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Using the edge of your pic makes it a lot easier too.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Yeah, you wont have to tap as hard if you turn your gain/distortion up high enough, so if thats a problem, just do that until you get better at it
Ive noticed this too. I can do it fairly well on the guitar i own, but when i play the ones at my school, its so much easier. I dont know whether its the action or strings size or anything, but its a piece of cake. The school guitars are crap at everyhting else though, their tone sucks.
Hello
No two guitars play the same. It's not your imagination. Whichever guitar is the hardest to tap on, practice on that one.
+1^ i love my schecter and i love the tapping on it.. but my epiphone is horrid for that. i practice on the epiphone and the schecter just plays like butter!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason