ok i wanna do some soloing and i heard phrygian is good to solo in... can someone point me in the right direction? where can i find these scales?
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Look up :P. Check out the MT sticky and it explains it.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
No scale/mode is good to solo in. It depends on what sound you want. If you're going for a happy-go-lucky-sounding solo, Phrygian won't do good. It somewhat dark sounding, due to the b2, minor second, and has a Spanish feel to it. Each scale has a certain sound. Explore.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Well, for any solo cases u might need, I suggest getting the Guitar Grimoire book. It has all the scales/modes/keys that u need to compose a solo in ur liking. Just make sure the solo u include is in the same KEY/MODE as ur song.
www.all-guitar-chords.com has neck diagrams of a lot of scales in every key, but it is very important that you know how to use the scale/mode to bring out it's unique sound. Learn about intervals.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums