for $499, which is better?
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
i would say the prs
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
IMO the Michael Kelly has much better specs.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'd definitely vote for the Michael Kelly, even though I own a PRS SE myself (a Singlecut). The Standard has a basswood body, as opposed to the mahogany body of the Patriot Custom. Plus the coil-splits are sweet.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by BcRichOwner
link to the michael kelly?

I can't belive you didn't say prs outright, in accordance with your avatar
Quote by BassTalk
The Standard has a basswood body, as opposed to the mahogany body of the Patriot Custom.

wrong, the standard is all mahogany

i personally say PRS, solid guitar and nicely voiced pups, plus the kelly looks odd IMO
The Michael Kelly is a far superior guitar.

Every PRS SE I've played has felt dead and almost toy-like.

I've been surprised and impressed time and time again with every MK guitar that I've played. They are very well made, very resonant, good electronics and pickups, and sexy looking to boot.

*and* it has better specs.

This should be a no brainer.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 14, 2007,
The Standard has been discontinued, FYI.
And @ FacingUsAll, I guess you haven't played the higher-end SE Models such as the Singlecut or Custom. Those are pretty nice guitars.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Last edited by BassTalk at Oct 14, 2007,
Threadstarter, if you want a doublecut body, you could always get an MK Valor instead.

Quote by BassTalk
The Standard has a basswood body. Try google.
And @ FacingUsAll, I guess you haven't played the all-mahogany SE Models. Those are a great bang for the buck.

I have . Have you played an MK Patriot Custom?

If you say those are a great bang for the buck, I don't see how the MK wouldn't be an even better value. Compare those specs

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 14, 2007,
my sister has the patriot glory, it's very nice solid guitar. i haven't played the prs though, so i couldn't judge between the two. the michael kelly is definitely a keeper though.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008