so, I was going to buy the vox ac30...but it looks like I might not be able to go to a guitarcenter or any store that would have it, but yesterday I went to a guitar store near me and they had the fender hot rod deluxe (I think it was deluxe..). how does that one compare in quality? and would it still have good cleans and over drive? (I didnt try it out since the store manager seemed like a idiot)

edit: and are there any hot rod that have 2 speakers? because it looked too big for having just one speaker.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at Oct 13, 2007,
well i have one and i love it... amazing cleans... you might've been looking at a Deville, just a bigger deluxe basically
The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.
-Frank Zappa
ok thanks.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
It's not as nice an amp as an AC30, not gonna lie. They're still really nice though, the overdrive is nothing to brag about but the cleans are real nice. I have a hot rod deville 2x12, its 60 watts with 2 12 inch speakers, while the deluxe is 40 watts with 1 12 inch. I wasn't thinking right when i bought it because 60 watts in that type amp is way to much.

BTW they make a deville with 4 10 inch speakers too
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
yeah I think it was a 2x12" because it looked kind of long, and not that tall...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
so, I was going to buy the vox ac30...but it looks like I might not be able to go to a guitarcenter or any store that would have it, but yesterday I went to a guitar store near me and they had the fender hot rod deluxe (I think it was deluxe..). how does that one compare in quality? and would it still have good cleans and over drive? (I didnt try it out since the store manager seemed like a idiot)

edit: and are there any hot rod that have 2 speakers? because it looked too big for having just one speaker.

theres a 1x12, a 2x12, and a 4x10
Theyre both good amps, but the AC30 is more british-voiced, if that makes any sense. think rolling stones. But i like AC30 overdrive more than the hotrod, but i personally dont think the OD on the hotrod is that bad, unlike most people.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
whats the hardest overdrive, or distortion it will get? would a pedal help?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
the distortion cranked is very good for blues,depending on what pedals you use you can get a decent hard rock distortion

edit: don't buy a new one if ur gonna get one find a used one,if you look hard enough u can probably find one for like $350 + shipping *hint hint*
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
hahaha, yeah I think I dont like buying on the internet...sorry man. and I am thinking of a 2x12"..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
dude, the 1x12 is a lot louder than you think. i was playing on my front porch with mine and my grandma a quarter mile away said she heard it perfectly. its loud enough. and it sounds sexy.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
I have one and love it. The cleans are stellar, and the drive is usable, but not the greatest. It can do blues and classic rock very well, and can get to the punk/light hard rock (wow oxymoron) area if tweaked right. Pedals can get you to a better hard rock sound though. I haven't had the chance to play it against an AC30, so I can't really help out in the comparison.