so i just got my first bass its pretty old from about the 70s a yamaha and the top string buzzes alot since im new to bass i dunno if its normal or what? ive played guitaer for a long time and now trying somehting enw i dont think it can be right the buzzing is really loud
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
the guy that gave it to me said he just replaced the strings so i tryed to tune it right and i dunno what the hell im doing it just sounds really buzzy
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
adjust the action

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
and start using punctuation! for god's sake

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
how would i do that?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by petey gunnz
how would i do that?

Well first you order the Blue Book of Grammar and read the part about punctuation...

Oh, you were talking about setting the action!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587147

Ok, I'll stop being a smart ass. Read this post, Ben does a good overview of truss rod adjustments, setting the action at the saddle and other important bass maintenance tips. If it doesn't make sense to you, and given that you are starting out with no previous knowledge of setting an action on a instrument, I would highly recommend taking it to a shop for a set up and have them explain or show how its done.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
You add in periods (.) at the end of thoughts, or if you want to compound two thoughts together use a comma (,).

yo ur a dick ill never use puncuation im on a freaking forum maybe if i was typing a essay yes but i dont gotta type rigth cause some asshole gets angry over it lifes to short buddy i suppose u get a life while your at it too
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
sense of humor? ur trying to reverse it now u know u were trying to be a dick and u succeceded
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by petey gunnz
yo ur a dick ill never use puncuation im on a freaking forum maybe if i was typing a essay yes but i dont gotta type rigth cause some asshole gets angry over it lifes to short buddy i suppose u get a life while your at it too

*Reported* for flaming.

Just so you'd know, the dots and commas arent just there for asthetic reasons, they make other people understand you much better.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
What?! I don't even know what you're talking about, reversing something or something? Anyway, I knew full well I was being a dick, but the majority of the people on this planet would've taken that to be a JOKE. Maybe smiled and had a couple chuckles. But no, I had to find the one person that takes offence to my sarcasm.

*grumbles*

EDIT: Uh oh I should remove the expletive from my above post before a mod catches wind... On second thought, no I think it works and was fully warranted.
To the TS, good job at pissing off a regular. Its a guaranteed path towards success and respect on the forum /sarcasm.

No, we are not the grammar police and this is not a required essay. But the forums are a form of conversation, and frankly when you avoid punctuation its like you are talking rapidly and running all of your words together. If people have to put effort into reading your posts, they're less likely to pay attention to you and assist you in the future.

And frankly, I'm regretting cutting you the slack I did in my original post. If you can't take a bit of constructive criticism now and then, you're going to make an awful musician in the long run. And that's not mentioning your apparent lack of humour, which is an altogether another issue.
Last edited by anarkee at Oct 13, 2007,
1) grow a pair and realise that you walked right into that one.

Quote by Buckethead5
and start using punctuation! for god's sake

Quote by petey gunnz
how would i do that?

2) punctuation allows us (the people you came begging to for help) to understand you question better.

3) grow a pair and a sense of humour.

4) you won't get any help by flaming people who were clearly just mucking about esspecially in such a tight community like this.

5) as anarkee stated above you won't get very far in these forums by pissing off a regular, especially one like jazzy who does actually help out.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Oct 13, 2007,
lol i dont even know why im getting mad i dunno i get that **** everyone tells me to type better i just dont see a point look man im sorry kinda fighting with my gf so im being a dick to everyone else and if u ever get ina fight with ur gf u know how it is every little thing pisses u off
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by petey gunnz
lol i dont even know why im getting mad i dunno i get that **** everyone tells me to type better i just dont see a point look man im sorry kinda fighting with my gf so im being a dick to everyone else and if u ever get ina fight with ur gf u know how it is every little thing pisses u off

point taken, we've all been there but still don't flame on these forums, because not everyone is as laid back and understanding as the guys and gals you've encountered here.

and on a similar note can you please not use "ur" and "u" and other text talk because there are a number of users who don't speak english as their first language. keep the text talk to the text messages, there isn't a 500 character limit on your forum posts
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by petey gunnz

thepointisifyoudon'tuseatleastalittlepunctuationyoursentencesarehardtoread.

most basses sound a little buzzy, when not plugged in to an amp. mostly because you have to pluck pretty hard, just to hear it. if the buzz can be heard through an amp. you might raise the string a little, at the saddle(bridge). if you can, have your local shop look at it, and see if they can help. read up on bass set-up, and chances are, you'll figure it out. good luck

this is a forum, not instant/text messaging, where space is an issue.
and sarcam is just one, of the many services, offered at no extra charge.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by anarkee

No, we are not the grammar police.

Pshh! Speak for yourself!

In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.