Autum/ fall is here, which is when the shop tours start for me and Affe (my friend/ bassist).

That means:
Spam

Yeah we use to do them during the autum, starting about a week or two before my bday. This one is from last week's and this weeks spam.

Last week:
First shop:
PRS SE Soapbar: Great guitar. Loved the way it played. Nice fat soapbar tone.
Fender Pro Jr: Simple nice little tube amp. Sounded a bit like the Tweed Deluxe, but a bit more Black Face and was brighter. Very pedal friendly.
Boss pedalboard:
OD3: Great pedal, loved the tone. Very nice OD actually, was surprised by it. Probably the first Boos pedal I really liked. Nice, warm fat OD.
Metal Zone There's a reason people hate it. 'Nuff said
Fuzz: God awful, digital sounding fuzz. Don't want to dig deeper than that.
Looper: Except for the fact I didn't udnerstand how it worked I got some great sounds out of it with the looping. It owuld be fun to have one.

Next shop.
Blade Strat: Read last spam for review
Epiphone Joe Perry Les Paul: Same as above
EVH 5150 III: This thing is a monster. I love the old 5150's high gain sound. But this amp, well. The cleans were ok. Better than the old ones. useable, but I wouldn't buy it for it's cleans. The crunch was really f*cking amazing. It had that raw Marshall character, very JM800-esque. Nailed everything from AC/DC to Van Halen (surprise?), but really when coupled with the PAF loaded Epi I had the VH1 tone. The high gain was good, but not having a high gain guitar I didn't get to know the high gain full, but I liked it.

Third shop:
Gibson SG Special Faded: Felt like an Epi, not that impressed

70's Orange Overdrive series: Being an Orange fan I had to try it. The cleans were great, loved them. The OD was very fat and sounded very thick, almost like a fuzz pedal. The od sounded like a lot of stoner/ metal bands and almost exactly like Black Sabbath (Paranoid era). It had a very nice and special tone, I liked it. When I cranked for a short while the amp "opnened" up and sounded very Plexi- ish, kind of like my Rocker.

Today:
First shop:
Fender '52 Hot Rod Tele: Fantastic guitar. Damn I want a Tele so bad. Great playing guitar, very nice neck. The pickups were great and the mini hb neck and tele bridge pups were a fantastic match.
Fender Princeton Recording: Haven't tried this for a long time. When I first tried it I didn't like the compressor. This time it was the opposite. Leaving the sensitivy at the lowest and the level at about 2 o' clock it provided a fanstic, smoothing out character to the amp. The attenuator in this amp is really great. The Tele was a great match with this amp. With the volume on about 8, the compressor on, treble on 5 and bass on 5 and setting the pup switch in the middle I got a perfect Stones sound when tuned to open G. Me and Affe said, if we had a studio, this amp would be all we would need. I didn't use the OD pedal a lot, but it was good for providing solo boosts though. I began thinking about building one these by my own actually.

Next shop:
Fender Standard Tele: Not as nice as the other one of course, but still a nice Tele. Had that nice twangy sound of a Tele and I do REALLY like the neck on them.
Fender Classic 50's Player Strat: One of my favourite Strats, I really love them. Great neck and guitar. Only thing was that I'd prefer some hotter and fatter pups, but the ones on are still very nice.
Hagström hollow- body. Very surprised by the ease of playing it, the upper fret acces might have been bad, but bending and everything else was veyr simple. Very nice surprise here. Very nice pups actually, with a great jazz-y tone on the middle and neck positions and great rockabilly tone with the bridge pup
Fender Champion 600: The shop was close to epmty, only me and Affe there. So I could have it pretty loud. The headroom was quite low, especially with the Hagström. But the OD was very nice. With the Strat and Tele I got a great breakup sound for blues and country. But with the Hagström I got a great old school jazz tone with the neck or middle position and the volume rolled of slithly. But with the bridge I got an awesome old school rock'n'roll and rockabilly tone. The OD was really cool, very fuzz-y (in a good way). Great little amp.
AKG K240 Studio: What is this? Headphones? Well I'm getting some new headphones, for mixing and so on and heard great things about these. And I must say that they might hot have the deepest bass I've heard, the middle and treble response is amazing. I loved the sound from all the songs. Very nice and clean signal. Perfect mixing phones, especially for the price. Very comfortable too. Both me and Affe is getting a pair!

That's all folk
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Oct 13, 2007,
great spam man

i really liked the pro junior too when i tried it (with the SRV sig strat ) - nice clean tones, and great SRV/blues crunch when turned up

the sg special faded was ****ty too when i tried it

interesting, if i hadnt found my dream amp (ac30) i would have to go out and try a princeton right now...i will try it some time though! probably with a 50sCP strat...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
sweet! great spam, gabe!

i'd like to try that 52 tele too... the minibucker in the neck sounds like a nice idea- i know i liked the 72 custom tele i tried. not so fussed on the price on it, though... I think it's about £1200 here?

Plus i keep hearing contrasting reports about the champion- some people say it's high headroom, some say low? i'm guessing different pickups are coming into play, but what gives?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah with the Hagström I got OD at little less than half way and with a start at about 2 o' clock
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

oh, ok. that's actually not too dissimilar to a valve junior, though obviously it depends what each person means by OD...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gabel, I like your spam because it's not biased. That's all I have to say really man,
Oh yeah, and I'd love a Princeton Recording amp
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Gabel
^Yeah, but with the Hagström you had pretty strong OD.

ok, cool. i, er, have to try one now.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^It almost sounded like you had a fuzz pedal with low fuzz setting on.

Quote by add45
Gabel, I like your spam because it's not biased. That's all I have to say really man,
Oh yeah, and I'd love a Princeton Recording amp

I try to keep it unbiased and I think it ussually works out
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I've got big GAS for a Joe Perry. Too bad I need to get a whole lot of other stuff first.
interesting... i'm not so fussed on fuzz...

need to try it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well not directly fuzz, but like the natural fat tube sounding fuzz.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

oh, ok. that might be alright.

thanks gabe.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?