I still didn't buy myself a new guitar yet (24 frets w/ whammy bar)..but I found some different models that i have in mind but I only want 1 of them lol.. I need opinions on what one I should get

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-IBA-JEM7V-WH.html

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-SCE-C1FRHR-BCH.html

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-ESP-ALEXI600-BLK.html
- Even though it has only 1 pickup i am wondering if it is any good or not...

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-IBA-RGT320Q-RRB.html

- I am also wondering if the bolt on neck is better or the same or worse then neck-thru
- Also wondering if the Edge Pro bridge is the same as floyd rose or better or worse
Last edited by DarK1332 at Oct 13, 2007,
Try a Ernieball/Musicman John Petrucci guitar. its got everything you want. 24 frets, Awesome Trem. and i guarantee that it will be the best guitar you've ever played because its made in the USA!!!
The Edge Pro is equal to the Floyd Rose imo. Also consider a Jackson SL2/1, Jackson RR1, a used Suhr if you can find one, or a Peavey USA HP.
For the price of the JEM, check out Ed Roman's brands of luthier-made guitars. Maybe u can find something there. Between the 4 u have there, id get a JEM. It looks great, has a good set of pickups, and most likely is high-quality for the type of guitar it is.
Quote by qotsa1998
For the price of the JEM, check out Ed Roman's brands of luthier-made guitars. Maybe u can find something there. Between the 4 u have there, id get a JEM. It looks great, has a good set of pickups, and most likely is high-quality for the type of guitar it is.

HAHAHAHAH Ed Roman that guy is the biggest dick on the planet. he doesn't give a **** about the customer he gives a **** about making a quick buck. he used to take the names off of guitars from major manufactures, and slap his name on them. so dont do any dealing with Ed Roman
In this league, it mostly comes to personal preferance.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^Do you have link to the Caparison? I had never heard of them until recently and I am curious. Thanks man.
I am going to TEMPORARILY narrow my choices down to the LTD Alexi 600 or the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR..

I still didnt manage to find / get any info on the 5 pc. maple / walnut bolt-on neck (and a little more info on the edge pro would be nice )
GET THE RG!!!!! I think Ibanez trems surpass the OFR. OFRs feel like a cheap toy to me now.

Quote by qotsa1998
For the price of the JEM, check out Ed Roman's brands of luthier-made guitars.

You need to be banned, I seriously hope you were joking. Ed Roman counterfeits Ibanez guitars after he says how horrible they are.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Dude, for that kind of money you can get the best guitar there is: Parker Fly Mojo.

Other than that I can tell you the Ibanez RGT Prestige is the friggin' bee's knees! The RGT220A with a set of DiMarzio Breed PUs is my personally favorite tremmed guitar (behind the greatest guitar ever, the Parker Fly Mojo, of course).
I am going to narrow the choices down to the Alexi 600 or the C-1 Hellraiser FR

I realized that the Ibanezes are too much money for me and I am not a type of guy who should be buying "professional" guitars just yet lol.
Quote by DarK1332

I realized that the Ibanezes are too much money for me and I am not a type of guy who should be buying "professional" guitars just yet lol.

Dude, C-1, no contest. The Alexi has the ****E passive EMGs instead the nice active EMGs of the C-1. The C-1s body shape allows for better playing versatility and from my experience Schecters are better quality than LTDs. AND, the C-1 is cheaper!
Quote by DarK1332

The Alexi is an enormous waste of money.

It only comes with one pickup (!) and it's a bland passive EMG (Alexi doesn't even use this pickup anymore, and when he did, he used a Jackson gain booster circuit with it).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

I might be getting this one instead:

1. Basically the same construction specs as the C-1 besides the Set-Thru neck and there is only 1 volume and 1 tone for all 3 "channels"
2. In a way I prefer all 6 tuning pegs on one side of the head then 3 on each side.
3. I don't have to order it off the internet, I can just ask a local music store to order it (since they are an ESP dealer) and they will set it up and everything.
Ibanez RG2570e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
Make sure that's an Original Floyd Rose and not a Licensed Floyd. Doesn't say which on the ad and that makes me suspicious.
Yes, It does say Floyd Rose on the side of the bridge. (I looked carefully)

-I looked at the ESP LTDs with Licensed Floyd Rose bridges, they do not say Floyd Rose on the side....
Ibanez RG2570e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus