i have a friend with $350 US to spend and is into metal... which is the best guitar for this money?
Ibanez RG321.
Ibanez RGR321EX.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
look into schecters. i have a 006 deluxe and its heavy but also versatile.
the game
Id tell him to try out an AXL guitar, maybe a FireAxe or a Jacknife. Ibanez SZ320GD looks good. Maybe an Ibanez RG3EXQM1. Schecter has a Damien 6 with EMG H4/H4a pickups seems like a good choice as well. Hagstrom also has some cool guitars for a bit less than $350.
Ibanez RG2EX1... the Schecter Damien 6 is also nice, but a little bit out of price range.
i would suggest the rg2ex,i have it and i'm pretty happy with it.i just switched out the stock pickups with dimarzios though and i believe it will hold it's ground when compared to higher value guitars.

i've also heard good reviews about the rg321mhg,you might also want to look into that.
just go to your local shop and try out both of them and see which one feels better to you

but if you have more money to spend a little later(about $150-180) you might want to get the rg2ex and switch out the pickups and it would be a pretty good metal guitar,it doesn't have a locking trem though
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
esp ltd f-50 its ill
ESP LTD AX-50
BOSS MT-2
Line6 Spider lll

Commanda of the esp4lyfe club. PM me or Snuffles to join

Member of the Anti-Ibanez Militia
PM Verminitude to join.
In this price range, body woods are very important since it's impossible to change it while pups are easily swapped out. Therefore, I would check out Ibanez rather than LTD or Bc Rich. Mahogany and basswood > agathis.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Honestly, I would just save up more money and then think about buying.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
3 brands to look into if your into metal...

Schecter
Ibanez
And my personal favorite...

Bc Rich

I've got a BC Rich Platnium Bich with a dimebucker in the bridge and its well hard.
My only complaints is that its not neck-through and it doesn't have a floyd rose tremmelo on it.
Quote by The Charm
3 brands to look into if your into metal...

Schecter
Ibanez
And my personal favorite...

Bc Rich

I've got a BC Rich Platnium Bich with a dimebucker in the bridge and its well hard.
My only complaints is that its not neck-through and it doesn't have a floyd rose tremmelo on it.

Three Brands for metal :
Schecter
Ibanez
ESP

I personally hate B.C Rich unless it's a high end.