Page 1 of 2
this is an opionon thread as to weather you prefer fender telecasters or stratocasters. i prefer tele's as they are not used as mush but post your opinions and reasons.
Strats all the way! But Teles are ok too.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
I prefer Tele's, however I think they are becoming hugely mainstream every "Indie" band seems to use them, not that that is a bad thing but they are awesome guitars.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Strats are, I think more suited for someone like myself, but the Teles have this jean-creaming tone that I just love so dearly.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
i love teles more but im buying a strat because...as much as hate my self for this... i do need the trem
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I'm going to try for both. Amazing pieces of work. My dream 4 set of guitars would be the LP, SG, Tele, & Strat. That would make me die a happy man.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Tele's, I have a squier (im cheap) custom tele, with the tele delux pickups, I also have a squier strat, but I prefer my tele by far.
Both are awesome, but I'd have to go with the strat cos
1) I'm more used to its tone
2) It's got a contoured body = teh comfy when playing sitting down

Actually, I like all fenders to some extent. I like their general design ideas for building guitars: they aim more for practicality than flash.
Quote by bine
Tele's, I have a squier (im cheap) custom tele, with the tele delux pickups, I also have a squier strat, but I prefer my tele by far.

i have squier strat too
All fenders = win.

I prefer the strat's playability but much prefer the telecasters tone. If only fender made a strat with telecaster hardware...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Hello Kyle

I prefer Teles, mainly because Strats are too overused and have just become boring to look at. David Gilmour used a tele.
Shine on you Crazy Diamond

The police walked in for Jimmy Jazz
I said, he ain't here, but he sure went past
Oh, you're looking for Jimmy Jazz
Quote by Ippon
Buy both. Duh!

or the best of both worlds!!! squier '51???

lol. half kidding. i'm a big stratocaster lover, and it's by far my favorite guitar. it's just way too playable to pick up another guitar!!! the sound it gets from clean to overdriven, its just awesome.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Telecasters. I love the tone and the fact that they are indestructible.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
^thats true. i never seen anybody smash it on stage...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Tele's do it all!
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or her as far away from a church as you can." - Frank Zappa
i think for me its pretty even between my strat and tele, but ill have to go with my strat simply because of how awesome the neck feels IMO and how i can just burst into shredding with it
NOPE
Quote by ECistheBest
or the best of both worlds!!! squier '51???

lol. half kidding. i'm a big stratocaster lover, and it's by far my favorite guitar. it's just way too playable to pick up another guitar!!! the sound it gets from clean to overdriven, its just awesome.
Good memory ...

to TS, from another thread yesterday:

Quote by Ippon
The closest production model you're considering is the Squier 51, and it's discontinued. You can still find some (overpriced on eBay) and they were sold for $70 at GC last Memorial Day.

Still available for $100.

I'd have to say Strat. I've only played a Tele copy though, I've never played a Fender tele. It might be better...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Punk_Ninja
There is a fender '51 but I believe it's a very very overpriced custom shop model

"Custom 51" by John Cruz, Vintage Blonde
2-piece Ash Body, Nocaster® Neck Profile, Nocaster® Bridge Pickup and Duncan Lipstick Tube in Neck, Master Volume and 3-Way Rotary Pickup Selector, 7.25” Radius, Med Jumbo Frets ... JC577

edit: $6500
not a huge fan of either one, do respect them tho (kinda)

i'd go for a strat, but for memorabilia purposes~like an SRV model or something as collection
Telecaster. No contest.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by jakecko17
Hello Kyle

I prefer Teles, mainly because Strats are too overused and have just become boring to look at. David Gilmour used a tele.

He uses strats too:

I just thought I'd point that out, but I also prefer Teles
I have a tele and its great but i really want a strat because they are more versatile.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Well as I just said in another thread... I only own a strat and I love it to death, the neck is so quick and its also aesthetically pleasing. However despite loving the tone on a custom telecaster I played, it was just too heavy... It's not a practical guitar for me unless I'm going up on stage to play 2 jazz songs in the middle of a blues/rock show.
in general i like strats over teles, i just like the tone (and looks) better, but my guitar teacher has a '72 HH tele and the thing looks and sounds like no other guitar i have ever heard.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by jakecko17
Hello Kyle

His main guitars were strats though.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by rush5757
He uses strats too:

I just thought I'd point that out, but I also prefer Teles

Ya dude he used a strat 95% of the time. He used tele's for the really early stuff and for up till around fat old sun. Everything else was the black or red strat.
as you can see in my sig i have both, and i prefer both. however, i play the strat alittle more because i like classic rock such as hendrix and the tremolo. however i still love the humbuckers in my 72 tele deluxe for like Creedence clearwater revival and stuff.
Page 1 of 2