Would it be alright to connect a stereo into an amp if I connected it from the speaker outputs into the AUX input without blowing everything up? I'm in the process of connecting my stereo and record player to the amp so I can have it all together rather than having 2 different systems. If the way I said wouldn't work, I'd like to know if theres another way to do it. Thanks.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
i hook my little amp into my 320 watt stereo into the AUX input, and it sounds awesome. i just need some real distortion and it'll sound like a stack
Stereo into amp should be fine. A stereo is a line level divice.

Amp into stereo is probably a bad idea though.
It's OK, if:

- Your stereo doesn't include an amplifier.
- Your amp has stereo inputs... No use throwing away half the signal.

So, in other words, don't try and use your guitar amp as a speaker, use it as an amp, but only if it has stereo ins.

It will sound really bad though.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by ibanezrg350ex
if I connected it from the speaker outputs into the AUX input

this will NOT work. the impedences won't be matched and you will probably ruin something.

hook up amp into stereo ONLY if you are using the PREAMP OUT jack into the aux in on the stereo
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I think you guys misunderstood me I'm not talking about using a guitar amp, it's a stereo amp with a radio built into it, I use it now for my record player and it sounds fine. I'm wondering if putting a powered stereo into another amp will blow something up.
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah
Oh...

Don't go from an amplifier to another amplifier. Try and find line outs and route those to the amp.

Your record player sounds fine? This amp must have phono inputs then, I assume.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Oh...

Don't go from an amplifier to another amplifier. Try and find line outs and route those to the amp.

Your record player sounds fine? This amp must have phono inputs then, I assume.

Yeah, I have the record player into the phono input. Theres also an AUX and a tape in on the back of the amp too.
Quote by ToffeeandApples

Hell Yeah