I was able to "hack" my EyeToy camera that came with the game "Antigrav" for PS2 (I haven't played my PS2 in about 2 years). It has good video quality if messed around with. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the audio working, or the eyetoy even captures audio.

I just thought I'd feel like sharing

I shall post some photos up soon..

http://www.jacobsen.no/anders/blog/archives/2006/01/05/how_to_use_the_playstation_eyetoy_on_windows.html

new link
http://www.iplayplaystation.com/eyetoy-as-webcam
Last edited by paulvxD at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by sashki
I don't think the eyetoy pickup up audio. it's just a camera.

Ah, well, I don't have any camera at all.. It's good for taking pics at home though
I have one too and use it for windows movie maker, and yes it does capture audio
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Oh, you didn't hack it, you followed a guide
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by tanglewoodguit
I'm gonna try that now.

You should! It's saturday morning and you're probably bored as hell. Just click the first link in the OP. Follow the directions carefully. The file also comes with programs to capture with. You can adjust the focus on the lens by physically rotating the little cylindrical thing on your camera (just rotate the lens for a while until you find it in good focus).

Quote by phatsack
I have one too and use it for windows movie maker, and yes it does capture audio

Can you please help me get the audio working?
Quote by tanglewoodguit
I've done all that. But my hard drive isn't saying anything has even been plugged in =/

Are you sure you followed that guide carefully? I'd misread it the first time I tried and it wouldn't work, I went back and did it all over again, and it's working.
download driver (do not install yet) > plug in the EyeToy > when add new hardware wizard pops up select browse > find the driver (probably on destop)
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Tophue
Downloading drivers =/= hacking

That's not very helpful, and who cares? I put hack in quotations.
Pfft, Silent Rob has been doing that for ages.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Pfft, Silent Rob has been doing that for ages.

Who?