I can only afford this, or the "Light Ash Telecaster".

Are they worth the £300/£330?

And is there much difference between the two?

Thanks.
They are worth it as long as your sure you like the tele sound. They play really well though, but if i could go back i would have bought a standard strat instead because its more versatile.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by MaidenRules666
They are worth it as long as your sure you like the tele sound. They play really well though, but if i could go back i would have bought a standard strat instead because its more versatile.

Yes, sorry I should have added. I love the Tele sound. I would like a versatile guitar, but I do not play metal (seriously).
in case you were wondering, the difference between the Standard and the Lite Ash is that the Lite Ash has Seymour Duncan pickups, i'm not sure if it's sound is dramatically different though.

Either one are worth your money
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
if u play rock or indie, id get a Telecaster. Strats dont do rock w/ even mild distortion that well. A Telecasater bridge is a little more like a p-90 with some twang, and P-90s do get some good distortion. Strats can do distortion, but u would need a hotter single-coil pickup. And Telecaster neck pickups are really creamy and round. But yeah, even a Mexican Tele is worth it if u want a good telecaster w/out spending $600 or more.
There was a whole thread about how Telecasters can do metal people. I think it needs a sticky.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
i have a lite ash. i bought it on a rare occasion that i had an extra 600 bucks lying around.
now normally, i buy hardly ANYTHING on a whim, i even take a bit to buy new strings, but i did this time and haven't regretted it at all.

do it.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
I love mine but I would've gone for an MIM/MIJ Strat if I could go back.

Overall its a brilliant guitar and the neck is surprisingly better than anything else I've tried. But maybe thats just cause they never change the strings at music shops...

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
if you can get up to around £350 (heck, maybe even if you're good at haggling) you could afford a blade tele... nice guitar. worth trying at least.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?