well im trying to decice if i sohuld go for a GIBSON/ EPIPHONE TONY IOMMI

or

ESP LTD EC-400 Left Handed Lefty Guitar BK CHRY - Emg 81/60s but my friend had a viper 100 and the neck was slow and its got the same..so idk..

OR!

whats a pretty decent guitar with some EMGS ..love the emgs..REMEMBER! gots to be lefty.!
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
Emg 81 in bridge is even better..

and definitly no floyd roses..i hate floyds with a passion..Tune-o-matic w/stop prefered..
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
well i got the iommi, and mine plays nicer than the 3 gibsons SGs i played, maybe i got lcuky. But its the shiz! And to be honest the iommi pups are awsome, pretty high output (highest outa epi and gibbo range), and there pretty responsive if u turn the volume down they clean up nicely. I would back the iommi all the way! email me at richarddbartlett@aol.com if u want pics or w/e
Personally, I prefer the EC-400 over the Epiphone by far. Has a faster neck and EMGs which you seem to want. Though, the SG will be better for playing lead cause the EC-400 doesn't have as good of access to higher frets. Maybe check out the Viper models from LTD instead?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thats what i was deciding between but it was and epi les paul or eclipse.

There weren't any esp/ltd dealers around here that i knew of until it was too late so i got the Les Paul. I got the Zakk Wylde signature because it has EMGs and its pretty nice, but i tried an eclipse the other day and it was so much lighter...

Idk what to tell you... I tried an eclipse with Seymour Duncans and IMO it kicked the EMGs ass.
I'm Tyler
Last edited by Octtwe88 at Oct 13, 2007,
well theyre both excellent guitars...but isnt the epi a little more expensive than the esp?

well it doesn't matter try them out get whichever suits you better...personnally id get the esp because i love esps and that color
An Iommi SG has passives,which tend to be better all-around pickups. EMGs i have heard are bad when it comes to cleans, but awesome with crunchy OD and distortion. But make sure u have a tube amp if u want the EMGs. But i think that the Iommis could match the EMGs sound-wise, but with a better clean tone.
i'd suggest the Iommi... but i'm a bit bias because i plan to buy one in the next 6 months.
found something better..how does a SCHECTER C-1 HELLRAISER sound..emg 81/85s...and sitll "Bchry."
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
^ You don't necessarily need a tube amp to make EMG's roar... I live with a kid that has a line 6 spyder 3 through a behringer cab and he plays an EC-1000, and the combination yields utterly fantastic results, especially for the money. Truly though, the nicest guitar I've ever played (keeping in mind that I've gone to a guitar center and played plenty of Epi's/Gibson's and I play my roomie's eclipse too) is the one I own, which is a Washburn Wi-66 Pro, and if you custom shop that scheisse and put EMG's in that, that would be quite the sound. If you really need one of those models though, i'd rock the ESP. They're definitely easy to get any metal tone you want out of them!
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
I was going to buy the Hellraiser before I bought my EC-1000, it's a good guitar, but I prefer my EC over it. The EMG 60 in the neck is also a much better clean pickup than the 85 (imo). EMGs don't have to be through a tube amp as said, but if you have something like a spider, then yeah, it won't sound good...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
get the tony iommi SG, that thing kicks so much ass it's not even legal in my country.

it's got amazing pickups "Iommibuckers" that provides great OD and distortion, without sacraficing the cleans. also the SG has an easier accessability to the higer frets, and looks friggin badass. get the Tony IOmmi SG.
seriouslly i cant tell u how much the iommi pWNs, the pups are amazing. And neck is beautiful in my oppinion along with fretboard
is the neck pretty good? i would go and try one like everyone says but the guitar sho near my house has nothing but righty crap...like fasT + smoothh
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail
It's it's like my G-400 the satin finish makes it alot nicer then the gloss finishes on most Epis.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
whatdo u mean by good, its not a wizard II (but i hate them lol) its like a standard gibson neck but slightly thinner. Well tell me what guitars uve tried, that u liked the necks on and ill tell what they feel like compared to the iommi. Also compared to other epis, which i thought felt slghtly plasticy, the iommi feels solid (well mine does atleast).
i kinda like just the epi SG400
squire strat
MG 15
Spider 30

i am useless + i phail