Well, not that I made a fake title to attract you to this thread you might as well help me out.

I was intending on getting a Palomino V8, but I think I would have enough to upgrade to a V16. Is it worth it? I will be playing Classic Rock, Rock, & maybe Country (a little old school :p. Mostly stuff from Pink Floyd to AC/DC. Nothing extremely heavy. I will be playing it with a Vintage VS6. Will this be a good setup? Any suggestions? In all, it will cost me about 731$ CAD.

Thanks.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I have a question. What's CAD?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
...Wow... Well thats the first time I've heard that question before. Yes Canadian dollars... you know, the currency that is beating the American dollar as we speak.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
...Wow... Well thats the first time I've heard that question before. Yes Canadian dollars... you know, the currency that is beating the American dollar as we speak.

Not the Great British Pound though
Hmm...I was thinking maybe a Peavey Windsor for that type of stuff, im not too informed on Palomino's.
^I'm not a Peavey guy at all. I really don't like their tone normally. I've been reading up on them though and might give 'em a chance. I really don't want my first Peavey to be a Windsor. I think I'll start off small. How would the Envoy 110 be for Classic Rock. Mostly Pink Floyd style stuff. Led Zeppelin, AD/DC... Don't forget country as well. Also with the Vintage VS6

Oh and I have found another Crate... the VTX30B. Would they be any good for what I want.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Are you planning on gigging? I really don't think either of those would be enough watts.

If you're not planning on playing anything live in the near future, I'd say go with the V8 and start saving up now for a good gigging amp.

I've played the Palamino amps and I really liked them. They should be great for what you want to play.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'm not gigging much really. VERY small places when I am and we use their equipment anyways so no worries there. Its mostly for jamming. I was planning on getting the guitar & V8 then saving for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Good idea?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty sound. If you're trying Fenders, try out a Blues Deluxe Reissue. They're really nice in my opinion.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Glad you like the plan. I've also been looking at the Blues Deluxe. They seem great. I will try a few after.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.