Im looking at getting a new amp and i know the micro cube is awesome but wanted something a bi more pwoerful. Ive found the cube 20X pretty cheap at £100 and was wondering if tis a s good as the micro cube or better? (in terms of effects etc)
I <3 my Washburn Idol
depends its better than the micro cube but its not much of a step up, what are you planning to do with a new amp eg, gig, bedroom practise. Ethier way i would suggest save up for the 60. I have one and it is loud enough to gig and quiet enough for practise and i think its got more features than the 20x.
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
i'd say it's worse as it doesn't have the amp modelling- pretty much the thing you want the cube for.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IMO, the next, best step up in the Cube series is the 30 or 30x. You retain the modeling and effects features while getting enough power to gig (mic'd) and still be able to use it in the bedroom for practice.

The new Cube that I've been taking a look at (http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=900&ParentId=57), adds a bit more flexibility, but at it's current price point, I'm not sure it's worth it. I'll get more interested as the price drops.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd say it's worse as it doesn't have the amp modelling- pretty much the thing you want the cube for.

The 20x has modelling. It's the 15 that doesn't have it, I think.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
They all have modelling to some degree, but the 60 has more than the 30 and microcube, and they have more than the 20/15.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
They all have modelling to some degree, but the 60 has more than the 30 and microcube, and they have more than the 20/15.

yeah, basically. in my book, the 15 and 20 don't have enough modelling to qualify as a modelling amp, basically.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?